Blazin Hot! BFG GeForce 7800 GTX $491 at Dell

When did you order and when is your ship date?? I would say that you wait at least until your ship day passes before you terminate it

Ship date is today. 14 days after it was ordered. Will cancel tomorrow. Crossing fingers though, I hate waiting for nothing.

Ordered: July 10th at midnight, (11th am for all intents and purposes)

Shipped: July 20th @ 6:00pm

DHL last website update: July 21st @ 1:00am in their Waco, TX facility

DHL website shows NO additional information other than my address. NO updates. NO estimated or scheduled delivery dates. Gonna have to give my friend that works for them crap about their package tracking services. :confused:

Hopefully it is here today as I have had it's new home up and running off an old PCI card for a week now. Probably more like Monday or Tuesday though. :(

It's with the courier! Someone better be home to receive it :mad:
Localan said:
DHL website shows NO additional information other than my address. NO updates. NO estimated or scheduled delivery dates. Gonna have to give my friend that works for them crap about their package tracking services. :confused:
It took 1-2 days for DHL to display an estimated ship date after I got my tracking number. If it doesn't show up today, then you'll probably get it by Wednesday the latest.

DHLs website has mine still at teh Waco site but when I just got home they were sitting on my porch :) and I live a LONG way from Waco :)

Recieved an Order Delay notice from DELL. Canceled my order.

Remind me never to purchase a non DELL item from DELL ever again. :mad:

My frustration level is very high right now....

Well, the wait is finally over. The one from the Dell Home deal has arrived. The second 7800 should be here on Monday. Since Dull was unable to cancel one of my orders, it looks like one will be sent back...

Unle$$ ;)

Can't say anything else since I'd be OT.

I seriously hate DHL and i wish Dell wouldn't use them. Their delivery service is just retarded. Every time something is shipped via DHL the courier takes like two or three days to deliver my package AFTER its suppost to be on the truck for delivery. Its like he just drives around with my package for two or three days and then finally decides to deliver it. I live out in a rural area but thats still no excuse. I was suppost to get next day service and now i wont get the thing till monday or tuesday next week. FedEx and UPS are both always on time for me. DHL wont even do a pickup in my area and Dell is constantly using them. I'll have to see if i can't find a way to make sure Dell always ships my orders via FedEx or UPS.

EnderW said:
:rolleyes: at the Dell haters in this thread
"They're selling this video card for over $100 less than anyone else, shipping them out before they said they would, and upgrading people to 2 day shipping for free - Dell sucks!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi
When you shop at Newegg or the other online merchants that I have mentioned, you get detailed order processing, stocking information and a shipping date. Now granted, these are estimates for the most part as well, but you don't see Newegg etc. continuing to sell a product if it isn't in stock now do you?

Yeah, great idea - stop selling the item so that no one else can get in on this killer deal.
Nevermind that some people don't mind waiting a couple days to save $100.
If you need it right away, why order from a store that clearly says "ships in 1-2 weeks"?!?!?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Well, I'm glad you took the time to read through my post...I think you clearly missed my point, but thanks for listening and offering your delightful feedback at any rate.

hifi

burningrave101 said:
I seriously hate DHL and i wish Dell wouldn't use them. Their delivery service is just retarded. Every time something is shipped via DHL the courier takes like two or three days to deliver my package AFTER its suppost to be on the truck for delivery. Its like he just drives around with my package for two or three days and then finally decides to deliver it. I live out in a rural area but thats still no excuse. I was suppost to get next day service and now i wont get the thing till monday or tuesday next week. FedEx and UPS are both always on time for me. DHL wont even do a pickup in my area and Dell is constantly using them. I'll have to see if i can't find a way to make sure Dell always ships my orders via FedEx or UPS.
I have mixed experiences with DHL.
They are usually pretty fast, but they've also delivered a couple of damaged packages.

Check this out.
Placed two orders from Dell on the same day, a few minutes apart, for the same item.
Keep in mind I live in Oklahoma.

I received my card today not from DHL but from my neighbor. They somehow delivered it to some other house, luckily my neighbor was honest enough to bring it over. I never did get any email from Dell saying they shipped it though. But I'm happy now.

Alright, all my stuff for my new computer is going to be here monday or so and dell still has given me no idea on when this thing could ship let alone arrive. I would like to cancel my order, but i cant find a number for the life of me on their website. I typed 'cancel' into the search box and it said if i wanted to cancel i could go to a forum or email them. I would rather call, but i see no number (there is one, but i cant use it cause its not usable on the weekends and i wanna get this crap going instead of waiting all the damn time for dell to move its ass). If anyone has a number to call it would be greatly appreciated.

really?? :D :D
dell.jpg

So will DHL leave a package at your house if you aren't home to sign it? I really hate it when I miss a package and get home from work and find a note on the door that says they will try to deliver again tommorrow :(

Never had anything shipped to my house through DHL though, kind of curious how they do things.

I shall explain that away as 'refrigerater blindness' as an English teacher once said. Referring to the fact that you cant see it cause its right in front of you. Now i can see why they didnt have anything in the contact section because they must have assumed i saw the number that was right there the whole time....

DHL always leaves my packages at my door (hell they usually throw them on the porch from halfway across the yard) I have never once had them knock on the door (even if teh front door is open and someone is obviously home)

And here I thought half of ya would have canceled and reordered from Monarch by now.

I got mine today but i have absolutely had it with DHL. I will NOT be ordering from Dell again unless they ship FedEx or UPS. DHL is the worst carrier out there. Do you want to know how my package came today? It came in a half tore open box mailed USPS and hanging from my mailbox. I live in a rural area and because their too fricking lazy to drive out here and deliver it they send it USPS. It was not suppost to be delivered without a signature. Someone could of easily just drove by and grabbed it. And i wont even mention the fact that it should of been delivered Friday because Dell promised me next day shipping. I'm going to get ahold of Dell and tell them what happened.

burningrave101 said:
I got mine today but i have absolutely had it with DHL. I will NOT be ordering from Dell again unless they ship FedEx or UPS. DHL is the worst carrier out there. Do you want to know how my package came today? It came in a half tore open box mailed USPS and hanging from my mailbox. I live in a rural area and because their too fricking lazy to drive out here and deliver it they send it USPS. It was not suppost to be delivered without a signature. Someone could of easily just drove by and grabbed it. And i wont even mention the fact that it should of been delivered Friday because Dell promised me next day shipping. I'm going to get ahold of Dell and tell them what happened.

My Box was all busted to hell too LOL I'm in the LA area. same half open looked like it got kicked too. BFG box was fine though, card was fine..

SSJ2,

I was on the 11th order list. Just give it until the end of day tomorrow you should be in the upand coming cue.

I hope this package gets here fine. I know DHL isnt the best, but Ill have Dell's ass if its jacked-up when it reaches the door. Ill burn there warehouse down :p

My 2nd card arrived yesterday (The first one on Friday). Delivered by DHL in both instances - not a single mark on the shipping boxes. Yeah, DHL's tracking information is somewhat lacking :rolleyes: , but what can you do?

Since I don't plan on keeping both cards, the spare has been posted in the FS/FT forum.

NIB BFG Tech 7800GTX FS

I ordered on the 12th and it shipped yesterday, all I know is that it shipped from Florida :/ Florida to Washington is quite a long ways to go :(

Larz said:
I ordered on the 12th and it shipped yesterday, all I know is that it shipped from Florida :/ Florida to Washington is quite a long ways to go :(

man maybe I should talk to dell. I ordered on the 11th and still have no update to my shipping. By the way Larz what was your expected shipping date

CALL AND BITCH :D

Tell them just what the deal is you havent recieved a ship date and others that ordered after have one.

However it may be a difference in Dell Small Biz and Home and Office...its still bitch worthy at the least.

DHL LOSES MY 500 DOLLAR VIDEO CARD!

Dell blames DHL, DHL blames Dell...I am going to burn somebody's warehouse down!....more details to follow :mad:

Just an update...ordered 2 of these for some SLI goodness for my newly ordered H8DCE Opteron board after 4pm on 7/11. Was hoping it would have shipped (or have them in my hands by now) since I see others are getting their cards. Well...woke up to this in my email --

ORDER DELAYED!

Dear Valued Customer,
We have reviewed your order.
Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner,
we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order #.
and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before
08-02-2005.

-You will receive an Order Shipped email when this order has shipped.

Just wondering if anyone is seeing the same. If it doesn't ship by the 2nd, most likely I'll be canceling my order.

- Kusanagi

Kusanagi said:
Just an update...ordered 2 of these for some SLI goodness for my newly ordered H8DCE Opteron board after 4pm on 7/11. Was hoping it would have shipped (or have them in my hands by now) since I see others are getting their cards. Well...woke up to this in my email --

ORDER DELAYED!

Dear Valued Customer,
and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before
08-02-2005.

Just wondering if anyone is seeing the same. If it doesn't ship by the 2nd, most likely I'll be canceling my order.

- Kusanagi

did you get this in an email? i checked the dell page that shows in the info and it still says the same date nor do i have an email from them.

SignalSoldier said:
DHL LOSES MY 500 DOLLAR VIDEO CARD!

Dell blames DHL, DHL blames Dell...I am going to burn somebody's warehouse down!....more details to follow :mad:

Sorry about your card man...

So yours is lost, somebody else got mangled and crammed in the mailbox by USPS, and yet another person's was delivered to a neighbor
:confused:

WTF, how difficult is it to get a box from point A to point B without either losing or breaking it?

This is the truly sad part Dell refuses to overnight me a replacement...As if this is all my fault. They said if DHL doesnt find it by tomorrow then THURSDAY they will send out another one. I agree with the guy on the last page who posted

"Fuck Dell"

SignalSoldier said:
"Fuck Dell"

First rule of busness The customer is always wrong. No company makes any money if they assume the customer is always right. They honored a deal that was way to good and shipped out alot of cards for that price. Do you think Newegg or Zip would have let a deal like that slip threw the cracks, I don't. Give them a break shit happens, I am still waiting on my second card god knows when it will be here but for the price it makes waiting a little easier.

Alexz0r said:
did you get this in an email? i checked the dell page that shows in the info and it still says the same date nor do i have an email from them.

Yes, received the email this morning (well two of them actually for each card order). We'll see if they can deliver on the 2nd...(I don't mind waiting the 2 weeks as I'm still waiting for other parts to come in for my H8DCE build). But if they can't deliver these cards by then, most likely I'll cancel and look elsewhere.

- Kusanagi

Kusanagi said:

ORDER DELAYED!

Dear Valued Customer,
08-02-2005.

- Kusanagi

Yeah I got the same email. On the fence now about what to do. Will probably wait.

I just placed my order with Dell Small Business and they sent me an order confirmation with an estimated shipping date of September 9, 2005. :eek: :eek: :mad:

Back