Blazin Hot! BFG GeForce 7800 GTX $491 at Dell

EvilNotion said:
edit: Working now. Just gotta get approval from my wife and this bad boy is mine! :)

I got instant approval. My wife volunteered me to teech her bosses son about building computers. Her boss is a jackass...apples typically don't fall far from the tree. I said fine..but I get a new computer...$2k budget.......SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

-tReP :D

Trepidati0n said:
I got instant approval. My wife volunteered me to teech her bosses son about building computers. Her boss is a jackass...apples typically don't fall far from the tree. I said fine..but I get a new computer...$2k budget.......SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

-tReP :D

I hope you are not going to "teech" your wife's "bosses" son some grammar. :p

BTW: my Dell confirmation says it will ship July 22nd. I hope so!

KuJaX said:
I hope you are not going to "teech" your wife's "bosses" son some grammar. :p

BTW: my Dell confirmation says it will ship July 22nd. I hope so!

Nope...gonna be a dick and point out all his errors. ;)

-tReP

After reading some of the reviews/benchmarks and then seeing this deal, I went ahead and bit. This will replace my X800XT so I should see a huge increase in performance.

Just ordered mine!!!

Now I have 2 weeks to figure out how I get it past my wife and into my machine..... I also have the task of hiding the giddy laughter from getting playable fps on Battlefield 2.

Damn you [H]ot deals, now I gotta go home and figure out how to rebudget $491 (no tax please, please, please). I don't even have a system that can support it yet, but for this price, it's too freaken good to pass up!

- James

If you have already ordered from NewEgg, and they have shipped -- REFUSE THE SHIPMENT when it arrives. You will get a full refund, no restocking fee, no return shipping cost.

SilverSliver said:
If you have already ordered from NewEgg, and they have shipped -- REFUSE THE SHIPMENT when it arrives. You will get a full refund, no restocking fee, no return shipping cost.

Weak.

I really wanted to order this. I have alot of room on my DPA and coulda got it easy. But then I wouldn't have any money for a board and cpu until January and tax refund time lol

I'd rather use my dpa for an LCD anyway.

Kaspre said:
Thinking of ordering one, and I don't even have a PCI-X mobo yet... =-D

Yeah, it'd be sweet to have a 7800GTX in PCI-X 533, that would so beat out those wimpy PCI-E(xpress) cards. :rolleyes:

PCI-X 533 = 4.3GB/s
PCI-E x16 = 8GB/s

http://www.pcisig.com/home

Educate yourselves people! :p

Zclyh3 said:
I'm debating to refuse my shipment with Tigerdirect and save $66 to wait 2-3 weeks.

What do you guys think?

IMHO, don't refuse. 1, its bad karma. 2, think of all the fun you'll miss having in that 2-3 weeks. 3, is that $66 you'd save really worth the hassle? Then again, Tigerdirect did sue Apple over OS X Tiger. Now that was pretty f'n weak if you ask me...

Zclyh3 said:
I'm debating to refuse my shipment with Tigerdirect and save $66 to wait 2-3 weeks.

What do you guys think?

Just keep in mind that these places CAN charge you restocking fees. Newegg.com, for the most part, has not, but seriously, this is because they put the customer first. Enough people start refusing shipments and they’ll start enforcing the restocking fees. I can’t speak for Tiger Direct, but just keep in mind that they can indeed charge the restocking fee on any returned merchandise: opened or not. Unless of course you have a case like Buy.com, where you tried to cancel before it shipped and they ignored your e-mail until AFTER it went out.

I also agree with canislupy... though tempting, I’d eat the $66 and just do the right thing. That said... I really want to go home so I can order this stupid thing. :D

- James

I was gonna get the 7800GT hoping it would come out under $500 but this deal makes my decision all that much sweeter! Couple questions though, does Dell have a history of canceling coupons earlier than the expected expiration date? I'd like to order as late as possible just to make sure that I really want to drop $500 on a vid card but don't want to get screwed by them pulling the coupon a day early.

Also can anyone think of anyway to drop this by even more? Don't want to get greedy, it's just that I'm not rich. I'll post back here if I find anything.

I just placed my order and have july 25th as ship date. Coupons are still in effect...

my order was placed yesterday with July 22nd for the shipping date.

I checked my status just know and it comes up with

This information is current as of Friday, July 08, 2005.Delayed Items

Currently one or more items are backordered. Every effort is being made to complete the order.

SKU: <> Quantity: 1
Description: <> GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MB GDDR3 PCIe Graph

Estimated Ship Date: 7/22/2005

It is not looking good for the home team that this deal will get done if your order has been backordered.

I sure hope you guys dont get screwed over and wait 2 weeks for nothing. This has happened before with dell and these coupons.

Good luck.....

Grahxen

I tried the code. It worked but then when I proceded to checkout it gave me that "page cannot be displayed" bullshit! what does that mean?

Something was wrong with their site last night as I couldn't get to about half the pages on it. Some worked but some didn't was really strange

I sure hope this comes through. Great deal, but I believe the wife will not feel the same.

I hope this comes through.........

Where is My Order?
shad.gif
Delivery Estimate: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - Monday, August 01, 2005
This information is current as of Saturday, July 09, 2005.

spacer.gif
checkmark.gif
Order Processing:Saturday, July 09, 2005

Teejay your order says shipped from dells site? do you have a tracking number?

Ordered mine on 7/7/05 the confimation e-mail said that it was to be shipped 7/22/05, but I just looked at the confirmation e-mail status link and it has allready been shipped and is
allready in my town at DHL.

I did'nt even get a shipping notice, SWEET! (for me anyway)

ugh... must resist.... hell i dont even need the card, im just thinking of a quick $100 i can make on ebay with resale.

Back