• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Blast from the past right here.

Bmr4life

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
241
I felt like checking to see if my old computer (which was in several pieces in several boxes) still worked so I slapped in a P4 1.6Ghz CPU I had bought last year for like $30, my old abit IT7max board and thermalright SP-94 heatpipe, some horrible vga card, 512mb of ddr ram, an old 120gb ide harddrive.

The case was a modded full tower antec. I barely hooked anything up and I remember nothing about setting the mobo up. I'm shocked it even came on.

The pictures are the result.

So, what all do you think this PC would be good for? I'm thinking about making a MAME arcade machine and/or juke box for the game room after we move into our house.

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg
 
lol. not for long with the motherboard touching that metal chassis.

or is it silver plastic i cant tell.?
 
Old skool with no PS/2 ports :)

I miss my IS7-E (the one with the 1000Mbit lan)
 
I felt like checking to see if my old computer (which was in several pieces in several boxes) still worked so I slapped in a P4 1.6Ghz CPU I had bought last year for like $30, my old abit IT7max board and thermalright SP-94 heatpipe, some horrible vga card, 512mb of ddr ram, an old 120gb ide harddrive.

The case was a modded full tower antec. I barely hooked anything up and I remember nothing about setting the mobo up. I'm shocked it even came on.

The pictures are the result.

So, what all do you think this PC would be good for? I'm thinking about making a MAME arcade machine and/or juke box for the game room after we move into our house.

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

Northwood 1.6A? Overclock it to 2.13!
 
LOL, I that's where I am right now. I set the FSB to 133. Did it immediately after the first successful boot.
 
Im doing computer repair work, two days ago we had (seperate) <1Ghz computers come in. a 933Mhz desktop and a *500*Mhz laptop. Thing took hours to reinstall/update XP on.
 
Back
Top