blank screen with DVI -- HELP ME PLZ!!!

ockky

n00b
I have a x800pro, a dvi-d to evc(p&d) adapter, going to a hp p1100 crt.

vga output is fine (meaning it works, but it can be alittle 'redish' at times)

dvi output on the other hand is a no go. i've tried pluggin in only the dvi/evc cord to the monitor to no avail, and both the vga and dvi cables at the same time with the same results (a blank screen).

when the dvi is connected alone - the screen never 'turns on', it just 'sleeps'
if both are plugged in,vga and dvi, the same thing occurs - blank screen.
if the vga is in alone, the monitor boots up fine, and then i plug in the dvi but can't swap to the dvi signal via the monitor options or the ati 'display' option.

also, the system is recognizing within the ati 'display' option, that, once i plug in the dvi cable, the signal then becomes optional to turn on. at this point i try to swap to dvi mode on my monitor, but it always bounces back to vga.

i hope to god someone can help me out here

This may sound a bit obvious, but have you selected DVI in on your monitor?

Luck

BillR

Your plugging a DVI cable diredt into a DVI output from your card, right? If so I'd be inclined to try another cable, or try your monitor on another computer.

Just some thoughts

BillR

yah, i suppose that is an idea, i'll try it out tomorrow, hopefully my roommate will have dvi on her card :rolleyes: (probably not with my luck thou)

Cool, just so you realize, you can't convert VGA to DVI with an adaptor, it's gotta be DVI to DVI to work ;)

BillR

Back