• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Blade Kitten

Demon10000

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
4,502
I saw this game on steam and thought it looked interesting. Thought I'd point it out. I'm considering picking it up. The description doesn't do much for me, but the graphics caught my attention.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9940

About the Game
Welcome to Hollow Wish... On the surface, it’s your typical lawless frontier. Yet this mysterious shell planetoid is filled with dark secrets and cloaked figures. It’s here Kit Ballard, aka Blade Kitten, works as one of the best bounty hunters in the business. Don’t let her pink hair fool you, Kit is part cat, part girl, and wholly lethal. She is one of the last of her species, having fled her homeland after the genocide of her people at the hands of the ancient and mystical race known as the Darques.

Kit has since made a name for herself rounding up some of the most deadly scum in the galaxy. With her unique Darque Blade hovering at her side and obeying her every command, Kit can cut through even the toughest rogue drone while hunting down soft targets to make the planet a safer place to live. Also along for the ride is Skiffy, Kit’s laid-back little sidekick who, when needed, serves as her protector.


Key features:
An epic “tail” like no other

Follow Kit through 19 levels including 3 exploration levels with her rideable alien mount Noot, as she travels around the colorful, frenetic world of Hollow Wish.
Intuitive “scramble style exploration”

Kit’s innate feline abilities enable her to easily traverse environments and find hidden areas.
Pick-up-and-play arcade action

Jump right in and easily begin exploring and fighting your way through multiple levels loaded with secret areas and hidden collectibles.
Fully voiced dialogue

Featuring a cast of 9 professional voice actors playing a total of 23 characters.Join Kit, Skiffy and the Darque Blade in this all new action adventure game!
 
Looks like a cell shaded platformer, I wouldn't say it looks like borderlands, though, but I haven't paid much attention to that game so I could be wrong. Reminded me a lot of the 3D super mario games, but I can't tell if it's a free-range 3D or a side scrolling 3D game.

Either way -- it looks like it could be fun to me.
 
Looks like a cell shaded platformer, I wouldn't say it looks like borderlands, though, but I haven't paid much attention to that game so I could be wrong. Reminded me a lot of the 3D super mario games, but I can't tell if it's a free-range 3D or a side scrolling 3D game.

Either way -- it looks like it could be fun to me.

Was just going based on looks - the cell shading and look of borderlands with xblades heroine.
 
I tried the demo. Wasn't impressed to be honest. The in game cut scenes are nice. Kinda makes u think ok this game maybe decent atleast visually but then the gamplay starts....eeek. First off the char seems to be hovering over the places she walks vs actually making contact. The combat is ok but nothing to make u go wow.

But to be fair it was a demo on and u really shouldn't judge a full game based on a demo, and I played it for console not pc, but honestly...demo didn't catch my eye enough to even entertain the thought of maybe purchasing the full game.

IMO Shadow Complex and Bionic Commando rearmed are much much better side scrollers. .
 
I thought it was quite fun. I'm just about finished with it now. It has every element a side-scrolling platforming game should have, the art style is nice, the play is fluid, and it's quite a bit of fun. It's like a modern cutesy version of Strider. Swords, acrobatics, wall climbing, power ups, and it's got a nice dose of humor. Some is a bit low-brow, but it's quite entertaining as a whole. It's definitely worth the $15. I wouldn't have bought it for more, but I can't see anyone being disappointed if they like this sort of game. though almost completely unrelated, if you like things like Trine, or old games like Strider, this one should suit you.
 
Trembledust said:
First off the char seems to be hovering over the places she walks vs actually making contact.

I didn't experience this issue. The graphics, I thought, were rather nice. It's not a Metro 2033 nice, but a refreshing, fun nice. I played the demo for about 30-45 minutes, then had to call it a night. As mentioned above, it reminded me a lot of Strider for NES, which was a fantastic game.

For some reason, it also reminded me a lot of an old DOS game called Jill of the Jungle, allthough I can't really pinpoint why!
 
Back
Top