BlackSite Area 51 anyone?

silenteye

Limp Gawd
Just got the game today, and played through the first couple of levels.
Graphics are quite nice, no Crysis, but not an eyesore, good environments, lots of variety it seems.

Gameplay is very basic, run and gun, with one squad control (move to this spot) which is useless.

Storyline is neat so far, seen it before, but you can't use too much of a good thing.

The only problem I have with it is that the game feels extremely unpolished, i.e. characters spazzing out, not a smooth game, driving vehicle is hell....

Anyone else playing this?
I kept it out of the PC gaming forum as it is also on Xbox360 and PS3

edit:

BTW if you guys didn't know one of the Main production leaders on this game (who also worked on Deux Ex i believe) said that the development schedule of this game was f'd up and that the reason the game was so unpolished was due to rushing the games release (which is I suppose Midway's bullshit)

since that i believe that man's contract with Midway was over...haha

Played it on the 360, found so many bugs I lost count *rolls eyes*.

There was an interview with the developer and they admitted it was un-finished and rushed out the door.

I played through on the hardest difficulty and about half-way through I felt like it was a chore.

Multiplayer is terrible. But more entertaining than the single player.

Another disappointing thing about this game, coop was dropped. I was really looking forward to another coop game, but it was cut due to rushed deadlines etc.

could have been worse, but it was one of the most unimpressive games I had played in along time.

Have you tried Kane and Lynch? haha, I'm liking this one way better.

I like the way the cutscenes are done a la half life 2

fights are fun, just games too buggy, and its so unpolished
regardless we'll see how long it takes before i give up, so far i'm enjoying it though

I was interested in it at first... but not so much now. I think I will pass.

I spent $60 bucks for this game. What a waste. I had been watching this for sometime and it could have been an awesome game. I had to force myself to beat it. I can't believe how buggy this game is. I would say at best a beta. I even had the newest patch. Like i said it's not the worst game i have played, and it could have been great but failed miserably.

I beat the game earlier today.
The last level was pretty good nice environment and all.

Boss fights are too simple, not enough weapons, bugs galore, driving sucks, the list goes on.

Although the game isnt all that bad

I would give it a 7/10

Back