Black P180

nice..there was an exculsive SPCR version of the black P180, but I'm glad to see they made one that will be easier to find for the general public. Hopefully they fixed the door problem with this one. I might have to use this for my next rig as well.

i saw some at my local fry's for $139.99 USD. it's not a bad case just kinda too big for my needs, and i have to say it looks better in black :)

I have a P180 its a good case and at a good price point. It is freakin heavy though and I don't know why the biggest and loudest fan in the case 120x38mm is used to cool the hd's.

Does this Solo case have the stealth optical drive covers like the P150? I cant tell by the documentation and pictures. Thats the only thing holding me back from getting the solo instead of the P150.

Speaking of the P150... Will a Zalman 9500 fit ok in there?

raleigh29 said:
Does this Solo case have the stealth optical drive covers like the P150? I cant tell by the documentation and pictures. Thats the only thing holding me back from getting the solo instead of the P150.

Speaking of the P150... Will a Zalman 9500 fit ok in there?

why would it hold you back? It's a black case, the stealth drive covers would be black. the p150 only has them because the drives need to be white to match and there aren't many white drives. I guess it would be nice to have the drives in the gloss finish too, but I don't think it would be a deal breaker.

I just think that it would be junky to have that nice glossy finish gummed up by some matte black/grey DVD drive with all kinds of lettering and crap on the front. I want it clean and simple is all.

raleigh29 said:
I just think that it would be junky to have that nice glossy finish gummed up by some matte black/grey DVD drive with all kinds of lettering and crap on the front. I want it clean and simple is all.
you can always stealth the drives :)

Back