Black Ops....who coded THAT network trash ?!?!?

Shack24

n00b
Has got to be THE WORST network bugs I've ever seen on one of the most anticipated console games of the the year. Nice to see Treyarch dropped the ball on THAT one!

Here we are 5 days out on the 360....and you still can't connect to most multiplayer game modes....and that's running straight through my cable modem at barely 100 ping. And yes the cable modem has been rebooted, and MW2 works just fine so I know it's not the network.

And Activision wants us to go to subscription pay to play model in the near future ?? Bite me with that noise.....that's why I pay MS for my Live, and that's what we paid you $60 for the game.....

Get those bozo's who apparently didn't test enough for their network code back on the job !

It is working fine for me. In fact, I am having fewer problems with Black Ops multiplayer then I did with MW2, when it was released for the 360.

I will agree that getting into a game can sometimes take a little while but its really not that bad. I have only had a MP crash and kick me out about 5 times out of hundreds of games.

Has got to be THE WORST network bugs I've ever seen on one of the most anticipated console games of the the year. Nice to see Treyarch dropped the ball on THAT one!

Here we are 5 days out on the 360....and you still can't connect to most multiplayer game modes....and that's running straight through my cable modem at barely 100 ping. And yes the cable modem has been rebooted, and MW2 works just fine so I know it's not the network.

And Activision wants us to go to subscription pay to play model in the near future ?? Bite me with that noise.....that's why I pay MS for my Live, and that's what we paid you $60 for the game.....

Get those bozo's who apparently didn't test enough for their network code back on the job !

Agreed. My friends and I cannot ever get into a HCTD and we have a lot of trouble getting into regular TD. About the only thing that works for us in ground war. Every time we try HCTD or TD it boots most of the people in the party because the room it puts the group in is mostly full.
They need to make it so it doesn't try to put your group into a room that doesn't have enough spots open. You would have thought they would have encountered this in testing.

Agreed, but I think there are two types of experiences here.

1. If you play by your self, you're not likely to see the problems that people are complaining about.

2. If you play with a full squad 7-9 people ground war, it's been very frustrating.

3. This game is broken, I have never had these types of problems getting into games durring the entire mw2 lifetime.

Anybody want to play some Mech Warrior 2?

Didn't know that many of you were into it still.

Beats the crap out of Black Ops.

Agreed. My friends and I cannot ever get into a HCTD and we have a lot of trouble getting into regular TD. About the only thing that works for us in ground war. Every time we try HCTD or TD it boots most of the people in the party because the room it puts the group in is mostly full.
They need to make it so it doesn't try to put your group into a room that doesn't have enough spots open. You would have thought they would have encountered this in testing.

QFT - we had 6 people together in a group last night trying to get into TD matches and after trying about 6 times everyone got pissed and gave up either going to play SP or playing online on their own. even playing on my own i'm lucky if i can go through an entire match without a host migration happening. hopefully they are working on it and will have a fix out soon cause this is BS.

I am also noticing more connection issues with black ops versus mw2, lame.

Lol, give it up bud. MW2 might have been Mech Warrior 2 but for the past 3 years mw = modern warfare.

So, how is the matchmaking since the update? I'm at work and won't be home for several hours so I won't be trying it anytime soon.

Haha, that's probably true. Black Ops is getting really annoying.

Does Mech Warrior have nukes and ac-130's?

Play on PS3 here...

I have to agree the network issues are terrible. I play with one other friend and he gets dropped/kicked all the time.

I hope maybe the patch solved some issues. We shall see.

I bought it for ps3 and sold it 3 days later, the lag is so bad its like half of the shots dont register with other players. I shoot someone 10 times and they hit me once in my foot (according to the kill cam) I only hit them once.

I am not a great console gamer but I know when its lag and my shitty play skills.

Oh and groundwar is damn near impossible with everyone at 2 bars, this is on Fios 5MB/s download rates

Just got it on Friday. Havent had any of the problems people report(360 version). I've seen the the fps dip twice. Connecting to games is just as quick as the other CoD games and lag doesn't seem to be a problem.
I didnt play pre-patch though, so I can't compare.

Before the last patch (360), the only issues I had were finding a lobby to connect to, it took a few mins every time. But the last patch fixed that (it was annotated in the change log too). I haven't had any issues with lag in game and it actually seems to perform really well even when I have a bad connection (1 or 2 bars). I just played for a few hours last night where the host was from Korea (I'm in NY) and I had 1 bar the whole time, everyone else has 2 bars. But the delay was barely noticable, I was still winning the matches, so I couldn't complain.

I hardly have any lag problems, but the system locking up while your a host (unknowingly) of the game is bloody annoying, requires a forced shut down of the console...especially when it happens no more than 15 minutes after the last time.

I play it on the 360 and before the patch I had a couple connection problems. My party would get split up when joining matches (generally everyone but the party leader would get booted) and it seemed to do it more often with particular party leaders. The other problem was that occasionally it would pick a horrible host and the lag would be unreasonably bad and it would not migrate it to someone with a better connection. After the patches, we still occasionally get split up during matchmaking but it is a lot better now.

I haven't had a single problem with Black Ops, I've had it almost two weeks, and I put a lot of playing time into it.

Got the PS3 version here.. I have had times when the host migration thing took its course. Played a game last night and at the end of the match we were watching the final kill cam and boom, Connection problem then kicked us back out to the lobby. Sucks cause I had a great match but all for nil. Hopefully another patch soon will fix these issues.

I don't complain much about games, but damn this is rough. Almost everytime I play a ground war game after the game ends I get DCed from the lobby. Games always seem to disconnect and kick us out. Happens way too often. I'm wondering if it's my net connection or just the fact that it's not programmed well..

Back