Black iPhone 5 Anodized Aluminum Susceptible to Scratching?

Our torches all have been HA3 coated, quite thick and they barely chip when dropped a fair distance a onto rocks... it is still largely black bar the few sharper edges on high rub areas. Adjustment rings are all fine. This includes year and a half of rubbing on Keys/pockets/rocks/tools/etc. A knife will have trouble scratching this coating, let alone keys.

So this iphail5 is probably type 1 or 2 non hard anodized and quite thin. Or baked on paint lol. Just having HA3/type 2 or whatever doesn't mean anything, if it's a few microns thick and flakes off easily.

So lets see..

'Comes with thick HA3 coating:'
$60-150 USD torches: Check
$800? smart phone: Fail

Have fun buying into a techno religion like apple with junk like that.

I have never seen a black anodized aluminum product that wasn't susceptible to scratching.

Apple's RF engineers must hate the design guys. So much easier to build a well functioning device with a plastic enclosure.

So this iphail5 is probably type 1 or 2 non hard anodized and quite thin. Or baked on paint lol. Just having HA3/type 2 or whatever doesn't mean anything, if it's a few microns thick and flakes off easily.

So lets see..

'Comes with thick HA3 coating:'
$60-150 USD torches: Check
$800? smart phone: Fail

Have fun buying into a techno religion like apple with junk like that.

Apple has never said they are hard anodized, I brought it up because it's one of the best ways to prevent scratches with aluminum if you have a part that experiences wear.

i just find it funny that they purposely made it that thin so people would be forced into buying cases just to keep it from getting scratched

Anodized aluminum will scratch it isn't made of magic. CARC is even worse. I would like to see anodized coatings protected with a clear enamel as I think that would improve the scratch resistance.

Anodized aluminum will scratch it isn't made of magic. CARC is even worse. I would like to see anodized coatings protected with a clear enamel as I think that would improve the scratch resistance.

Lots of pots and pans are hard anodized, and you can scrub them with steel wool with no problem.

They don't hard anodize the cases because hard anodize doesn't look very attractive. At best you can dye it black

these people are morons.

There is a difference resistant and proof.

Material crafted by man is susceptible to scratching? you don't say...

Back