Black Friday!!!!!

misfitsfiend

[H]ard|Gawd
it's finally upon us boys, only 25 days away!

anyone seen or heard any info from the major players? (best buy, circuit city, compusa?)

i'm really looking forward to this one because i have around $500 to spend. i'm looking to buy a new graphics card, new power supply, car audio equipment, and other misc. stuff.

last year i went to BB at 5 in the morning, and found a fantastic deal: my samsung 712n 17" LCD for $250 AR. i thought this was an awesome deal, considering BB and CC are both currently running an ad for a nearly identical samsung LCD at the same price AR nearly a year later!

i think me and some friends might hit up either circuit city or best buy and camp out around 2'ish...

what do you guys have planned? any good black friday war stories out there?

I really have nothing planned, all I got at BB last time was a 160gb western digital HDD

I got that 160 GB HDD at Best Buy last year too. I think it was the only thing I got that day. This year I'm looking to get a digital camera if I can find the one I want for a good price.

I havent seen any ads for any stores yet though.

Once the deals get leaked then we will see where the best place to hang out is.

If only there was a [H]ot deal on a tent or sleeping bag, would make the night beforehand much easier :D

Man, those sears deals always seem to come up early. Does anyone have any experience with Sears from past bf's? And by experience I mean waited outside before it opens. It doesn't seem to me like it would be worth while compared to BB, but maybe my friends and I will send a team there this year if it's good. I am so excited, only 25 days.

I'm gonna be at Fry's at like 6am. Last year there was a hold out line even when the store was already open. Things like hard drives are limited to one per person but you see a single person with several of them when theres no more on the shelves, waiting for other family members or friends to come in and pay for it. I hate that!, freakin' cheapos who don't know how to share. But I think Fry's got smart and made another line inside just for computer components (CPUs, Memory, etc.). Hopefully I can grab a SATA 300 gig drive around 50-60 bucks, which is the usual deal only the capacity goes up every year.

Ha, I was working at Fry's Electronics last Black Friday.. my suggestion... run to the hard drives.. then run to the registers, otherwise your looking at a 2 hour wait in line to leave..

We literally just stacked the drives which were on sale on the floor.. because it was pointless to keep restocking the shelf.. because well.. it was impossible to keep the shelf stocked... (sh!tty day for commisions.)

AeonF1 said:
Hopefully I can grab a SATA 300 gig drive around 50-60 bucks, which is the usual deal only the capacity goes up every year.

Yea, I'm looking to snag up a sata 300 (or hopefully larger ;) hd myself...

True, I am going to hold off my HD upgrade till I see what deals are coming around for those. I picked up a 250 gig WDSE drive two years ago for $115 at CC (great deal at the time, and no rebates, yay). I hope the HD deals aren't all rebate BS this year though... I'd sooner pay $100 straight up for a 320 gig drive than pay $150 up front and have to wait months on a $100 rebate.

Last year I hit up CompUSA at like 6am. I got 6 Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse @ $7 each or something (no rebates). I also picked up a Maddog FX5200 for $30, and a Maddog PSU for like $30.

I've always found CompUSA to have more and better deals than BB or CC.

man... 6 mice? i hope you're using them all.
didn't this thread get shut down last year? or attempted to shut down anyway?

I wish we had deals like that in canada :/

I was @ Fry's last year at midnight, and I was first in line. My cohort got punched in the head over a digital camera, and they were strict about the buddy rule, but luckily my guy was within shouting distance and I only wanted two total. Those $99 computers made great Christmas gifts. Rumor is that the big deals this year will be $99 Xbox-PS2's and sub $300 laptops.

I'm not from the USA and black friday is a new thing to me, but can anyone tell me if black friday deals are normal only available to physical stores? Will there be deals online as well? Cause I'm looking for the logitech z-5500 for my christmas present :)

^^ There's no telling what will actually be put up during the BF sales. Anything goes from RAM to TVs to Gun Racks.

prototype_sx said:
I'm not from the USA and black friday is a new thing to me, but can anyone tell me if black friday deals are normal only available to physical stores? Will there be deals online as well? Cause I'm looking for the logitech z-5500 for my christmas present :)

Last year Staples had all of their Black Friday items on their website too. I sat in my computer room drinking coffee while purchasing stuff. I had everything sitting in my cart at 6am :)

I'm thinking about taking advantage of this year's BF sales. Are things usually only cheap on that day? or is that day just the start of sales? I'd like to get something, but I'd hate to buy something on BF and find prices drop even more as Christmas gets closer.

I really want to buy some hard drives for myself and I want to buy a ring or braclet for the girlfriend :D

-Robert

I went to CompUSA last year, and got a 6800nu for $199.

Everyone was busy buying the stupid HP desktop computers that you had to sign up for like 3 years of AOL ($750+ worth of service) to get the cheap price. In fact, I saw some really smart people getting 2 of them! :) $1500 worth of AOL service! :D

I wish someone would get some Ads from BB & CompUSA

Ryland said:
Last year Staples had all of their Black Friday items on their website too. I sat in my computer room drinking coffee while purchasing stuff. I had everything sitting in my cart at 6am :)

So they had it waiting on you for instore pickup?

Do Newegg, ZZF, Tigerdirect, etc, have Black Friday sales? I never though to check them in the past.

chrisf6969 said:
I went to CompUSA last year, and got a 6800nu for $199.

Did it come with an extra cap ;)

As for the Sears question....I save a lot on Sears BF deals but it is for tools generally. If you aren't lloking for hand tools/power tools it does you no good.

Man it would be awesome if newegg had some good deals. I hate going out in all the crowd to get stuff would rather just sit in my office and do it............

Polish Ninja said:
Do Newegg, ZZF, Tigerdirect, etc, have Black Friday sales? I never though to check them in the past.
I was on NewEgg's last year. Yes they do have sales, but they aren't really crazy ones like in the brick and mortar stores. They're sales like any other holiday sale.

The really crazy stuff in physical stores comes in limited numbers. Folks line up at 5am or worse to get in and get "the first 50 free TV's" or whatever. It's nuts. People have actually gotten hurt at some of these sales cuz folks will just run you down.

I've heard of some really crazy BF events in the past. The past couple years, I've lined up anywhere 30-45 min. before the store opens. I was obviously far back, but I didn't go for the real big-ticket item, so I was able to get what I wanted (for the most part), such as an MP3 player and a UPS, to name a couple examples. This year, I'm looking for a Hauppauge TV tuner card. :)

I've lined up anywhere 30-45 min

That's the earliest I'll line up...It's usually 15 min before the store opens when me and my mom get there....We have this strategy....We circle what we want, and we know what part of the store the items are in, so one of us get's one side, and the other...well the other side...And then we have a meeting point....And then we get in line....We always get the best stuff, and then we go hit up the smaller stores like cvs for the cousins gifts...I love the $5 console game bin @ bb....That's where I got a good 90% of my xbox games....

I'm not doin it this year...last year I camped outside of BB overnight and I ended up buying something they had 3000 of so it made no sence for me to do it...and besides I decided to work that day anyways...I'd rather take the day after christmas off...

Who was it last year that put one of the BB HDDs under a shelf and then illustrated it in MS paint? That was golden. "Honey? HDD?" :p

prototype_sx said:
So they had it waiting on you for instore pickup?

No. I had it all shipped to my office. I saw a lot of the UPS guy the followign week.

I sure hope there are good online sales since thats what Im limited to, maybe another 2005 or or 2405 :D Does DELL have good deals too ?

I'm thinking about taking advantage of this year's BF sales. Are things usually only cheap on that day? or is that day just the start of sales? I'd like to get something, but I'd hate to buy something on BF and find prices drop even more as Christmas gets closer.
You probably wont find things cheaper than on black friday.. usually many stores have "early bird" specials which means the super good deals only last for like the first 4 hours of the day or so. I worked at Staples during BF 2 years ago, I worked at Fry's during BF last year... this year.. heh, Im working for Best Buy (but now Im a tech, so all I will be doing is preloading stuff on computers all day long.)

I remember waiting in this long ass line at target a few years back (I was buying a $10 dart board for my brother) and I was about the 1056th person in a line that stretched about 300 yards.. and when I finally got in the store people were literally running around like chaotic monkeys with stacks of sh!tty CD players and other stuff in there cart walking around like Magiuver with their walky talkies saying "I got 5, how many you'd get?... Okay I'll meet you at the board games.. 10/4" And the other dipsh!ts literally CLIMBING to the top of the over stock acting like Santa Clause on a roof tossing the merchandise down to the pigeons.

I think this year im going to write "Black Friday Rocks!" on my ass and have my friend drive by the Target line while I hang it out the window.

Here's Walmart's supposed list... this was not made up by me I found it by searching.

Wal-Mart List for Black Friday - November 25, 2005

Early Bird Specials (5 to 11AM)

Toys & Games

VideoNow Color Video Player - $25.00
Star Wars Electronic Light Saber - $8.00
1/10th Scale Hummer H2 or Jeep Radio Control Vehic
2-pack Fly Wheels or Hot Wheels Gravity Set - $5.0
26" 15 Speed Bike - $49.88
3-in-1 6' Game Table - $98.00
Cabbage Patch Newborn - $10.00
Care Bear with Bonus DVD - $5.00
Disney Dress Outfit - $10.00