Black Friday...what did you get?

btw, black friday sucks. How can the beginning of the holiday warm fuzzies start with assault and battery in the wee hours of the morning?

There is a guy in my area in intensive care right now from the walmart laptop...

BTW I got 6' and 3' fully ligthed christmas trees for $20 at meijers. I think it's local though.

Best Buy-

Call of Duty 2 - $24.99
Seinfeld seasons 1 & 2 - $19.99
Chappelle's Show season 2 - $14.99
Experiance Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix - $7.99
Anchorman - $5.99
Road to Perdition - $3.99
Billy Madison - $3.99

Circuit City-

Quake 4 - $29.99 (After $10 MIB, a fact I learned at the register)
I, Robot- $7.99
Eric Clapton- The Cream of Clapton -$6.99
U2, The Best of 1980-1990 - $6.99

Things I missed-

Toshiba w/ Celeron M processor 370 - $379.99 (Best Buy)
Toshiba 46” Widescreen DLP Projection HDTV - $1499.99 (Best Buy)
PNY Attache 1 GB flash drive - $39.99 (Best Buy)
Nero 7 Ultra Edition - $20 (after MIB, instant savings) (Best Buy)
Green Day - International Superhits! - $7.99 (Best Buy)

Should have went earlier. But overall I'm happy.

I got pretty lucky. I was about to go to Best Buy with my friend at 5AM but then it was pretty cold, I didn't have cash, parents wouldn't go to the bank, there were riots and I'm a weak kid.

So I didn't go. But my dad went at work (they let him 'cause even his boss went with him). He went to the Best Buy near Madison Square Garden and got me a 17" MAG flat panel. Pretty awesome deal for $150 AR.

I'm happy, awesome LCD btw...

i was curious so i drove by one of the compusas near by. the line was over 1/2m long probably closer to 1m so I said screw it. I then walked in at 9am after getting lots of sleep :) and got the saitek keyboard.

I then hit up office max for some compressed air and then went to an office depot that was a bit out of the way and got ink and cheap dvdrs. I if I had the money (stupid deposits) i would have snagged one of the cheap laptops that they still had at 9:30!

My motto is if I have to wait more than 15min in line its not worth it :)

Only 1 thing...

Happened to see a Linksys WRT54G (v4) at a CompUSA. Figure might as well as grab one before they are all gone.

I went to BB at Malbis, AL (located 3 miles east of Mobile Bay). We got in line at 4:30 and the line was about 1/5 mile long. THey handed out vouchers for the cheap PCs, so when they ran out the line thinned out a great deal.

They started letting everyone in early (about 20 at a time). Everyone was real polite and we walked out at 6 am with a full buggy. Mostly gifts for others (DVD players, MP3 players, etc) but i did get the 19" flat for 170 AR and two copies of BF2:SF (it wasn't on sale but the wife and I gave it to each other today as early presents).

Overall we spent 850 and we're getting 400 back in rebates, so a good haul, and a really good expereience- kudos to BB employees.

Spent the morning dealing with an intake manifold on the GMC.

Best Buy this evening.
Picked up 3 PNY 1GB 2.0 USB flash drives $19.99 AR
Logitech MX1000 mouse $49.99

Debating on the Olevia 26" LCD at CC for $499 AR. Still have 10, or Polaroid 32" for 749 open box.

Fry's in Sacramento:

$120 - 400 blank HP DVD+R
$23 - COD2
$30 - 240 AA Alkaline Batteries
$40 - 1024 Kingston CF card.

Not bad deals but not so much BF Deals...there was nothing I saw in all the BF posts here that I was really interested in...I'm saving up for a 2405 FPW...but I also got (through this Hot Deals forum)

$1.00 - kuyaglen.com domain name
$135 - 20GB, unmetered bandwidth domain hosting
$95 - used but good condition Mac G5 case.

Good thing I got hired on officially and am now approved for overtime hours!

I got an eMachines desktop computer and monitor for $150 at Best Buy:

It's got a Celeron D 2.93GHz CPU (256k L2), 80GB Hitachi 7200rpm HDD (PATA, 2M cache), Intel motherboard (865G chipset), DVD/CD-RW drive, and a card reader.

There isn't an AGP slot (or PCIe, for that matter), the graphics are Intel "Extreme" integrated, and there's only 256M of DDR, but I'm not complaining.

I might want to swap the fan on the CPU though; it's pretty noisy.

Not too much for me:
Staples: 200gb hd (actually $40 not $30 because I got it two days ago, but they made it $40 out the door with no rebates :D)
Target: Family Guy Season 3 (2nd box set) - $18 (CC was out, but only $3 cheaper)
CC: I/O Magic +/-R/RW & DL Burner (the last one there :D) - $20 after 2x$30MIR
50 pack 8x DVD-R - $7

I got to Staples by 6:15 (open @ 6) and they were already out of the hds (the one I got earlier) and the $9 (less with coupons) flash drives. I'd guess by then only about 100 people were in the store, about half in line waiting to checkout or redeem their tickets.
CC still had around 200 people by 8:30, but there was still a stack of about 30 of the $60 250gb hds, but all the $10 512mb CF or SD cards were long gone. CC also had tickets set up for the high profile items.

If I could've, I might've picked Fry's to camp at if I had known of their deals a little farther ahead of time, but I would be happy picking up a FAR hd and maybe one of their LCDs. Maybe next year when I'll have a license on BF.

last trip to fry's tonight:
3D Fuzion FX5500 256MB $24.99AR
USB2.0 13 in 1 card reader/writer $FAR
another wireless xbox controller $7.99
128MB SD 60x $4.99

they were turning off 1/2 the lights when i was in checkout.

Someone's going to get trampled to death The Who In Cincinnati (1978) concert style, all for cheap Celeron laptops with lousy IGP graphics.

Anyway I'm on a business trip in Lawton Oklahoma, and the deals were pretty skimpy here. No Best Buy, Office Max, Circuit City or even a Target here – and they have one of the biggest army bases in the nation now. (I guess Wichita Falls TX is too close...62 miles south)

Best deals in town was at the local Staples. Got there at 5:10 AM with only 20 (my guess) people out front. By 6 there were probably 80 to 100 shivering in the parking lot. Thankfully, the Staples crew was ready and had everything on sale neatly organized where you can (grab) it quickly.

Here’s my score:

200 gig Maxtor Hard Drive (Western Digital sucks - their RMA dept has never sent back a 200 gig drive that quit on me last year, after several phone calls and mailing them a copy of the UPS delivery comfirmation)

Digital Research DVD 16X Double Layer drive (made by some Chinese drive company called MagicSpin. This might wind up a gift if it makes coasters and I cant figure out how to update the bios!)

Playo DVD-R 50 pack - typical budget brand discs. I prefer DVD-R to DVD+R because my parents and freinds cheap/older DVD players have trouble playing +R’s

Sharp Fax Machine – for my father's home office. It uses plain paper instead of lousy thin fax paper, very nice.

512mb PNY Flash Drive (can’t have enough of these!)

Cheap AT&T Phone & Zenith TV/VCR remote control (free after rebate)

Paid $255 at the store, getting back $153 in rebates = $102 when I get them back...a nice change from the usual Black Friday mob crush. I have been to several at Best Buy black friday sales in East Texas (Longview/Tyler) and they always were a huge mess with unhelpful/overworked sales people and mechandise scattered all over the store.

Does it count as a BF deal if you went at 8pm and paid full price?

If it does I got a Nikon CoolPix L1 6.2mp camera at BB tonight in EP, MN. Beautiful 2.5" LCD on it, I couldn't resist. Oh, and Anthony Herrera (Minnsota Vikings OG) was there buying a camcorder with his wife and little boy.

If it doesn't....... :p

I think Black Friday should become a national holiday, to hell with Thanksgiving. :) I have so much fun even when some people are acting like assholes..[I feel like a woman in payless or something] guess it's something about seeing 500 people freezing their ass off in single digit windchills for a good deal.

I went to BestBuy in Fort Wayne, got there at about 4:20 (harr harr)
There was a massive amount of people.. but I got in, and was able to get to the few items I wanted.. people were crammed like sardines in the store. The checkouts moved surprisingly fast considering the volume of people, it was very well organized.
I got:
2x Call of Duty (PC - $25, one for meh, one for bro's bday)
75 DVD+R/25 CD-R spindle @ $2.99 or w/e AR

I made it out of there by 5:30 easy, and then I headed to staples.. got there about 5:45 (damn slow ass drivers on black friday, gtfo the road).. probably 75-100 people waiting in line. When I got inside I literally sprinted to get the two items I really wanted, the dvd burner and the hard drive. Grabbed the hard drive first, there were probably 20 or so left. Then I ran for the DVD burner, and the table was empty.. so I scanned the row quick to find they still had 3 in the row with the protector devices on them. The price was like 119, but I knew it was the same model (apparently everyone else was too stupid to notice), and scooted towards the checkout. Their checkouts were EXTREMELY slow and POORLY coordinated. Lines going all over the place, I gaurantee some people waited well over 2 hours and had to be extremely angry. As about the 8th person in line for one of the checkouts, I chatted with a couple people (one which I discovered had came from bestbuy and pretty much got the same items as I).. there was a pack of dvd+r's (50) that were sitting on top of a printer, and it was the 2.97 AR pack, so i said what the hell and picked those up too. After waiting 30-45 minutes as the 8th person in line, I finally got checked-out.

Really, I haven't met much for mean people when I go shopping on BF... (except for when I work at Meijers.. like I did today from 130-1030.. people bitching because we don't have anymore of a certain sale item in stock, like they can't comprehend us selling out by the middle of the afternoon when the sales started at 5.. f'kin retards) Usually I have no problems and converse with total strangers who are happy going even though its 4-6am in the morning. Don't get me wrong, if someone tries to cut me, I'll punch that fucker in the face.. but so far I've had great experiences. [2nd year] :)

I went to Compusa at 11 PM on thurday night and got in line. The line wasnt that long. Only about 30 people infront of us. Last year my brother helped my dad snag the last hp laptop that I wanted so this year I decided to help out my brother. I went in and got the items he told me to get for him. So this year I got nothing.

Another Staples lover here. Seriously, screw Best Buy, CompUSA, etc. etc., Staples rebates are the easist things ever to do, have no hassle, and Staples normally has pretty good deals (last year they were good too). Plus, the lines aren't too bad, and both of the ones I've gone to for BF have been in semi small towns, so basically no one else there.

Anyway, my haul:
Maxtor 200gb HD
Digital Research "16x DVD Burner"- actually a Lite-On SOHW-1693S.

My friend's haul:
Samsung 914v (she wanted this so bad, and it looks really nice hooked up)
Maxtor 200gb HD
Sandisk 512mb SD Card

The Staples in Merced, CA handled BF decently well- they had coffee and donuts for those that wanted them, and they handed out the parts from behind the counter. Some minus points though for not handling the line inside the store as well, along with not really specifying how to get the parts at first.

i got a headache..

and a lecture on how 'black friday' should be called something different because some guy at best buy apparently lives in a hole and never heard of the term, and thought i was making some kind of racial remark. hooray. :(

I got:
Walmart Lappy
Lappy bag
2x Flash drives
Robots DVD - wife got it
Bewitched DVD - wife got it
Coffee Maker - wife got it

Everything we wanted to pick up we got :)

From Office Depot:

3x 1GB Sandisk Thumb Drives $30
2x 500VA APC UPS $14

From Staples:

Paper Stredder $0
Power Strip $0
Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse $15
50 Pack of Cheap DVD+Rs $3
512MB Sandisk Compact Fash $14
50 Pack of 4x6 Canon Photo Paper $3

From Lowes:

4" Werner Lalder $29
4HP Shop Vac $27
4D Cell Maglite $10

mpeg4v3 said:
Digital Research "16x DVD Burner"- actually a Lite-On SOHW-1693S.

actually, not all of them are Lite-On. a large number are BTC DRW1116UI drives, which the people on cdfreaks seem to hate.

picture of the BTC drive:
560a0616small3ik.jpg

firmwares for this drive:
http://tdb.rpc1.org/#BTC1016IM

that should be the right firmwares, not sure and can't verify because i don't actually have a PC to plug the drive into to check what it shows up in windows as.

circuit city:
family guy volume 2
arrested development seasons 1 and 2

frys:
ati radeon x850 pro ($199ar)
pioneer dvdburner $49 (not really a hot deal, but i needed a good burner)

bestbuy:
pny 1gig usb flash drive $19.99AR

What I got for black friday:

19" LCD for dad (he only has vga on his pc, so the cheapie from staples works well)
Acer Laptop from staples for the girlfriend (need to order more memory)
2 microsoft wireless mice (staples)
2 netgear AP's from staples $29
scanner from staples.

GSX-R600 from the bike shop (for myself, hehehe...there goes my xmas money).

Bought:

Circuit City:
250GB WD 7200RPM PATA drive (hate SATA): $59.99
512MB Sandisk Blue-Glowing Flash Drive: $9.99
Free Sirius Satellite Radio Reciever: $FREE!

Staples:
Leather Manager's Chair: $29.99
100pk DVD+R's: $11.99

Me and my little sister went to CompUSA but there was 300 people by 11PM, so we headed to CC and slept outside with our sleeping bags until opening at 4:00AM, we ended up like 15th in line, and it'll continually be an experience I will not regret.

2 sticks of PC2700 512 meg, 19.99 a piece after rebates. Don't laugh, I am running them rock stable at 2,3,3,6 @ 216.

ECS Nforce 4 with 3800 X2 for $269. Chip is running nicely on my Epox NF4 @ 2.7 on water. Already sold the ECS board with my Winchester for $165 shipped. Net X2 upgrade after tax, shipping, and paypal fees: $160

Bought 2 gig of GSkill off NewEgg for 188 shipped.

:D

Call of Duty 2: $25
Kingdom of Heaven DVD: $10

I headed out late in the afternoon and basically looked for leftover stuff. I almost ended up buying the last Insignia 30" HDTV at Best Buy, but their display model looked so bad I didn't want to take the chance. The source on the TV was really crappy, so it was difficult to compare AT ALL, even though you can't really compare display models.

i got an antec notebook cooler, DVD burner, 20 DVD-RWs, NAV 2k6, ghost 10, lappy bag, 512MB lappy RAM.

Best Buy fun!

Anchorman - $6
Call of Duty 2 - $25
The Rocky Horror Picture Show - $10

LG HDMI 1080i upconverting DVD player (with DivX support) - $99

My local best buy also has a little Magnolia home theater "corner" in it where i bought a $75 1 meter DVI cable for a 37" westinghouse 1920x1080 LCD that should be delivered any day now.

Where did you go to get Ghost10? I have Partition Magic 8, but I heard Ghost was better.

I keep reading these Staples deals from everyone and it torks me. There isn't a Staples even in my state. :(

anasazi said:
actually, not all of them are Lite-On. a large number are BTC DRW1116UI drives, which the people on cdfreaks seem to hate.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4909/560a0616small3ik.jpg

firmwares for this drive:
http://tdb.rpc1.org/#BTC1016IM

that should be the right firmwares, not sure and can't verify because i don't actually have a PC to plug the drive into to check what it shows up in windows as.

Yeah, but mine is for sure the Lite-On. That's why I said "actually" :) I was half expecting the BTC (and if I did get it, I was going to return it), so getting the Lite-On was a nice surprise.

mpeg4v3 said:
Yeah, but mine is for sure the Lite-On. That's why I said "actually" :) I was half expecting the BTC (and if I did get it, I was going to return it), so getting the Lite-On was a nice surprise.

grrr lucky you

i got a benq during last year's $20 DVD black friday sale from staples and its currently in the serverbox, so i guess i'll just swap this BTC into my serverbox and put the benq into my new computer when the parts get here.

ClubIT:

MGE Vigor 450W PSU - Free
TRENDNet Wireless G USB adapter - Free
GEM 17" LCD - $159
FX5500 for brothers - $20

Newegg:

G.Skill 2GB Extreme RAM - $188 shipped :D

My jaw dropped when I rounded the corner and seen the parking lot was FULL.
No probs getting a spot and getting inside.
It was the checkout lines from hell inside!!!!
The vid card i wanted were all gone and so was the 200g hard drive.
I did snag the Altec 2.1 speakers i wanted and some DvD+R's while my wife found
a place in the back of the slowest line from hell.

We did get lucky and get a place in line between some nice peeps.
The lady in front of me was holding the 200gig HD i wanted and some cheap pos DvD player.

After ONE HOUR in line and not even being half way yet she said screw it
and handed me her stuff and said screw it she's going home.
(We were sooooo close to doing the same thing)
But after another hour we walked out of Comp USA with:
Seagate 200gb Hard Drive $29.99 ar
Altec Lansing 2.1 Speaker System $19.99 ar
Astar DvD Player $14.99 ar (going on eBay lol)
Memorex 25 pack of DvD+R $7.88
Comp USA (in Oregon at least) Had no clue WtF they were doing!!!! It was a nightmare.
We finally left there at 3 something and took a drive by CCity (it was on the way home)
There was only about 50 peeps in line.... It was raining
(no surprise for Oregon) and about 39 degrees!

We had talked about doing the line at BBuy cuz i had of list of things I wanted.
We rolled into the parking lot about 3:20ishA.M. and there musta been
200+ people in line, 3 cop cars breaking up a fight and
the place didn't even open for a couple of hours!!!

After Comp USA not even for a free plasma TV were we going to be part of that mess.

We went home made some warm leftover turkey sammiches and went to bed. ;)

I didn't really get too much. I grabbed a $9.99 AR wireless B/G USB adapter at the local PC Club for my new build so I'll be able to use it wirelessly, and I ordered a Scythe Ninja, 120mm Yate Loon fan and a tube of Arctic Ceramique at Jab-tech for $44 shipped.

All I got was a 6600GT for $100 AR from Newegg. There were some great deals at Fry's which I was tempted to go for, but I am very impatient and I couldn't even imagine waiting in line so long to check out. :eek: Still, the 6600GT was a good deal.

Waited outside BB for 4 hours in 15F temp. Was worth it though - snagged 2x $150 eMachines systems, 2x 17" MAG LCDs and 1x 19" MAG LCD. What's even sweeter was that the local BB was giving out $15 GCs for every $100 spent. So it worked out to be : eMachine = $135, 17" MAG = $135, 19" MAG = $155.

The $379 lappy wasn't being offered though, which turned out to be a good thing! Purchased a Dell Inspiron B120 w/14" WS, 512MB RAM, and other similar specs to the BB lappy (Cel M 1.4GHz, 40GB HDD, 4-cell battery, etc.) for $434 shipped.

anasazi said:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4909/560a0616small3ik.jpg

Thanks for the info and the firmware link, thats the same model I got. :(

I saw that CD Freaks review of this BTC last year and the original firmware was very picky about what discs to use and the burn quality was very inconsistant.

Hopefully the newer firmware will fix that, or it winds up back to the store with a chance of getting a Lite-On instead, or as a Xmas gift..

I wanted to hit up Staples, but after Fry's i was just too drained. I did get nearly everything i wanted though, so i'm pretty happy about that.

Got:
1x Seagate 300GB for $70AR
2x Kingston 1GB Value Ram kits (512x2) for $60AR
1x 200 CD wallet for FAR
1x Cheapy wireless keyboard/mouse combo for $10. It works really well to be honest. I have some minor issues with the shape of the enter key (it's retarded...) but other than that, its pretty good
3x Bluetooth Headsets for $10 each
1x Sungale DVD player for $14

Didnt get:
Blank DVDs. There probably was some still left at Frys, and most likely Staples too, but I was too tired, and the checkout line was piling up.
The $99 comp. Even though i was probably 200th in line, still didnt get one =*(

Circuit City:
2x Toshiba Satellite L25S laptops ($799 reg, $199 each after $600 in instant/AOL discounts)
2x SanDisk 512MB Micro flash drives ($39,99 reg, $14.95 after MIR for one, the other $5 after a price override mistake by the Manager - he told me before that I could send 2 rebate submissions for this, but when I asked him why I only got one set of forms, he decided to refund me the $25 I was supposed to get for the second one, but oddly, gave me an extra $10 too for a total refund of $35)
1x Polaroid 8" portable DVD player w/swivel ($219.99 reg, $169.99 after $50 instant discount)
3x Harry Potter WS DVD movies (all of them) ($14.99 each reg, $7.99 after $7 instant discount)

Office Depot:
1x Canon SD400 5MP digicam* ($299.99 reg, PM to CC to $269.99, $194.99 after a $75 MIR)
1x Canon PIXMA MP500 AIO printer* ($199.99 reg, $169.99 after $30 instant discount)
1x SanDisk 1GB SD memory card ($99.99 reg, $29.99 after $40 instant discount and $30 MIR)
3x Canon Inkjet Glossy Photo Paper Plus, 4" x 6", pack of 50 ($13.69 each reg, $9.99 after instant $3.70 discount + BUY 1, GET 2 FREE)

* Canon has been running a $50 MIR promo when you buy a printer + digicam on the same receipt and OD's BF offer for the SD400 was $299.99 - $75 MIR, but since BOTH MIR promos require the ORIGINAL UPC from the camera and it only has one, after discussing this with the store's head manager, he told me to send the $50 MIR to Canon and gave me a $75 GC to cover for the rebate they were offering (but made sure to include a note on their system to void any possible submissions for the $75 MIR afterwards) and excused himself and OD for the hassle this mix up caused me. The great thing out of all this is that with this purchase, I will also get a $50 reward certificate from OD's Advantage program.

Sears:
1x Craftman 18-volt cordless drill ($39.99 reg, $19.99 after instant $10 discount and $10 Sears reward card - got 2 cards)
1x Craftman Tool bag combo pack ($26.99 reg, $9.99 after instant $7 discount and $10 Sears reward card)

Back