• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday

kaigne

n00b
Joined
Aug 27, 2013
Messages
37
I know its speculative at this point but I am really caught between snagging a Lightning (or maybe a Ti if I can talk myself into it) before the 26th (for the bundle) or waiting on a potential deal on black friday/cyber monday weekend. Since i have never been in the market for any computer hardware over that weekend, I don't know if its worth it to forgo 3 nice games to "save" 50 bucks...or whatever. I'm defintiely not the kind of guy to go camping to save even 200. So for those of you in the same boat, what are you going to do? What kind of prices would I even expect?
 
Last edited:
To be honest I don't think we'll see a big sale price drop on the high end GPUs. I think the manufacturers are standing pat now on pricing and the stores wont want profit drops either. BF and BM are not what they once were with stores spreading the sales over many days and weeks now. I could be completely wrong but I just don't see the big sales on the high end GPUs for those two days. Hopefully I'm wrong.
 
My experience with the "sales" on BF and CM are that they really aren't sales at all.

There are usually a very limited number of sale items in limited quantity that sell in minutes.

You will get about $50-$60 selling the bundled games. So if your plan was to sell them you would need to see a price drop of at least that amount (which I highly doubt).

If you are like me and obsess over getting the best deal, buy the lightning from newegg with free shipping for $530 ($515 after rebate) and wait to open it until after BF/CM. If you see a better deal, pick it up and return then first card.

However, this seems like a lot of work to me. Just buy the card now. Now if you were going for an AMD card I'd wait as there is no bundle incentive and any deal is a good deal.
 
That brings up another interesting issue too. I'm quite interested in a non ref 290 but who knows how long I'd have to wait. I doubt seeing non refs by the new year--let alone 3 weeks from now. I suspect Murphy will stick it to me regardless.


Looking on ebay, it looks like a ton of those 3 games are up with little time left at roughly $10-15 a pop.
 
Last edited:
That brings up another interesting issue too. I'm quite interested in a non ref 290 but who knows how long I'd have to wait. I doubt seeing non refs by the new year--let alone 3 weeks from now. I suspect Murphy will stick it to me regardless.


Looking on ebay, it looks like a ton of those 3 games are up with little time left at roughly $10-15 a pop.


I heard the 290x and 290 non-ref cards were going to release around the same time. I'm guessing this is because the cooler design for each is the same.

At this point unless you want the games included the bundle is not that great of a deal. The 'value' of the package is something like $110 but the actual value is more like $40-50.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top