Black Friday/Cyber Monday PC haul thread

ballistic90

2[H]4U
Who here got some good deals this weekend? I went to Microcenter today, and I got a AMD FX 8320 Black edition CPU, an ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 Socket AM3+ ATX motherboard, and 8 gigs (2x4gigs) of Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) RAM all for $206 with tax. I would have got more RAM, but I'm on a budget. I'm ordered a 25 ft cable to hook it to my living room TV, and I'll keep an eye out for an inexpensive wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

Did anyone else get some good deals too?

This has to do with gaming how?

*sigh*

PC Gaming and HARDWARE

Yes we have a general hardware section this could fit into, but this also fits here, as has been discussed in every previous topic where someone decides they know the rules better than the forums name clearly states.

OP did not get any game deals, but got deals on PC hardware. He *IS* asking what kinds of deals other people got, which will include games from people since it's in this section, and the PC hardware some people play those games on. Both of which are covered in the forum section name. Perhaps he's interested in the games people have gotten more than hardware, so posting here is likely to get people who bought just games and wouldn't see it in another section?

I didn't buy anything on BF, I never do. Avoiding steam right now, because I will buy games if I open it, and I shouldn't :p

I bought the Witcher 2 on steam for 4.99$, but yeah no physical parts since I'm waiting for APU's to surpass what I currently have. (AMD Radeon 6850)

Damn, I bought a 120 gig SSD drive a while ago, and it makes a big difference loading games. SimCity is a good example. That is a good price.

It is the price of the early adopter. You can say I had it first! My laptop runs 64GB that cost 130 (Ironically)

I picked up the following on Steam:
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate $7.50
Brutal Legend with soundtrack $2.50
Audiosurf $2
Dishononred $5 (amazon).

Pretty good!

I picked up the following on Steam:
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate $7.50
Brutal Legend with soundtrack $2.50
Audiosurf $2
Dishononred $5 (amazon).

Pretty good!

Dragon Age Origins is definitely worth that price. The DLC and the expansion aren't... quite as worth it.

And Dishonoured is a really good deal, even if I personally wasn't a big fan. It was still a beautiful game with a lot of great ideas.

I really liked the Dragon Age Expansion. By the end of it you felt pretty much godlike...almost like the end of Throne of Bhaal.

I really liked the Dragon Age Expansion. By the end of it you felt pretty much godlike...almost like the end of Throne of Bhaal.

The expansion did have some great skill/spell additions, I just didn't care for the plot as much.

Got a Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB for $289 from Amazon that I'm excited to get since it's my first SSD.

Now I need to list my 580 for sale here then order a 780 GTX SC but not sure the wife agrees :)

I did get the Rome 2 50% off deal via Steam this weekend. That is the only game I bought. Scored a Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD for myself on sale during BF.

I got an AMD FX-9370 for $199 from Amazon and a ton of games that I shouldn't have. Wish there was a Miocrocenter near here though.

I don't remember the exact prices since rebates, % off codes and whatnot were involved, but roughly the following:

i7 4770k, $270. Could have been better but I'm not near a MC.

16 Gigs of GSkill, with fancy pope-hat like heat sinks, $105?

Seasonic 660w platinum for $70-80?; I didn't need one but my current backup power unit is a POS 5 ounce one from an ancient beige workstation and this was impossible to ignore.

MSI Motherboard for $130? No chipset fans this time, thank the gods...

Samsung 1TB SSD for $470 (Some sort of black magic sorcery happened here with a promo code they sent me for buying a sound card right when they dropped this drive $110 for black Friday week.)

I wasn't intending to buy anything, but somehow the online retailers knew exactly what parts I had been eying to upgrade my old i7 920 with and put them all on sale at the exact same time... BASTARDS.

Picked up a Razer Deathadder 2013 for $42 off Amazon. Had to fight the urge to purchase four games on Steam as I have quite the backlog already.

Drax.. that seasonic is boss.. You will come to enjoy it over the years.. I really like mine.

Back