Black Coolermaster Cosmos

I am still waiting on my pre-ordered silver Cosmos from Directron. Oh the wait is killing me. Fortunately I bought me for $99 when Directron incorrectly left a digit off their price tag. :)

I am still waiting on my pre-ordered silver Cosmos from Directron. Oh the wait is killing me. Fortunately I bought me for $99 when Directron incorrectly left a digit off their price tag. :)

Friend, don't take this the wrong way, but... I hate you! :p $99, seriously? That is too sweet! Way to stay heads up! I don't care about the aluminium (I need the exercise, eh?) but I have to wait until it's out in black, and the sooner the better.

Friend, don't take this the wrong way, but... I hate you! :p $99, seriously? That is too sweet! Way to stay heads up! I don't care about the aluminium (I need the exercise, eh?) but I have to wait until it's out in black, and the sooner the better.

Well I'm still holding my breath because I haven't gotten the case yet. But on the coolermaster.com forums someone else mentioned they also got in on Directron's pricing error and he actually had the balls to call them and ask if they were going to honor the price and they sales person said it was their mistake and that they would be.

But still, I check the status of my order almost daily to be sure it's still on hold (doesn't ship until 9/5) and not mysteriously gone.

Anyway, I figured I was due. I always read about others getting great deals on something because of a pricing error and always wondered why that never happens to me. And Barnes & Noble overcharged me $5 on that damn Harry Potter book. Yes, I was owed big time. :)

You might wanna take a glance at this thread about the cosmos.

http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65420

No need, I will sum it up and comment on it, btw SpazzAttack is a member here and has a thread on here linking to it already.

Basically the Cosmos is designed as a quiet server case, SpazzAttack somehow got the message that overclocking his E6700 and stock oc'd eVGA 8800 Ultra on AIR would be perfect for this case. I don't know about you but when I hear the word quiet used as to describe a case I think of low speed/cfm fans being used, sounds crazy I know :rolleyes: but oc'n is the last think I would think of with this case unless something besides air was invovled.

He then complains about the fact that there is not enough clearance between the front bays and the closing front panel to install the I/O box for the X-Fi and his Sunbeam fan controller without the knobs interfering. I think simple research on the case could have easily avoided this issue and also his complaint of the placement for cable management holes.

What's even funnier is that MaximumPC used this case for their Dream Machine and used watercooling....lol

It simply comes down to research, I just don't simply buy stuff and hope it all works out in the end.

It simply comes down to research, I just don't simply buy stuff and hope it all works out in the end.

As do I, Because I was thinking of getting that case myself.

Thats why I am a member here, So to get peoples views on pc parts and I read/re-read reviews from multiple sites.

But with all that being said, I think I'm going to go with either the Lian Li PC-V2000Plus II or Silverstone TJ07. I do prefer a case with a side window (Some do, Some dont). I mean CM told me they are making a version with a side window and that its in development, But who knows when that'll be and if it'll be as quiet as the original with the sound dampening material used on the panel.

Damn. I wanted this case for my new build. Guess I will have to stick with my old trusty Chieftec case.

Back