Black CM Praetorian

fabian`

n00b
Hi there,

greetings from a german Casemodder. Though I often visit HardOCP, especially the "Post pics of your Network" Thread, I didn´t post much in the forums yet. Until now.. ;)

I´m not new to the casemoddingscene, did already two complete casemods and one casecon...(HTPC, watercooled workingstation and aluminiumsuitcase-server).

My new project is a black Coolermaster Case called "Praetorian" ... very clean, very elegant, awesome quality !

praeto1.jpg

This case will replace my current crappy case (not worth a pic).

The [H]ardware which takes place in it:

- XP2400+
- 2 x 512 DDR Ram
- Ti4200
- 1 x 36GB WD Raptor sata + 1 x 40GB Maxtor ide
- Pioneer DVD ROM
- Plextor CD-Burner
- Floppy
- PCI: 10/100 NIC, SATA Controller, Soundblaster 5.1

old pic 2003:
hardware1.jpg

Some pics i took today:

prae8.JPG

(Right Coolermastercase is my HTPC.)

prae11.JPG

prae15.JPG

(cablesalad and checking the cathodes)

prae20.JPG

(agp...pci...)

prae22.JPG

(HDDs.even more cablesalad)

prae23.JPG

(back)

prae30.JPG

(sprayd floppy. led will be replaced by a blue one)

why i chose a black case ? it just fits perfectly to the other equipment :)

prae33.JPG

prae32.JPG

prae38.JPG

You choose a black case so it would blend right??? well then PLEASE PLEASE STELTH THE DRIVES FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!! or pant them!!!

Beige drives in a black brushed aluminum case? To match a beige monitor? Come on now.

Get some drive bezels and for God's sake man, do some cable management in there.

LED fans in the front are hot, I wondered what they would look like when they are set so far back from the grill, but looks good. I think I need to switch mine for some CoolerMaster LED fans :)

G.I. Jesus said:
You choose a black case so it would blend right??? well then PLEASE PLEASE STELTH THE DRIVES FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!! or pant them!!!

lol.. but yeah - I second that.. with beige drives whole case looks kinda fugly..

Hey this thread is called "worklog" right ?
I didn´t say I´m finished yet did I ? ;)

The optical drives will be stealthed or sprayed black like the floppy, don´t be afraid :p
(Well...I´m wondering how I will stealth the slot in dvd ?! :confused: .. any suggestions ?)

Yeah, get some black spray paint and hook those 2 drives up with a facelift.

That shoulda been the first thing done.... so you dont have to move them once they're in. Now you need to take them back out, or at least loosen the screws so you can get to the spot to release the faceplate.

PS. pretty case

Nice, the Black Praetorian's are sweet indeed and imo it's Coolermaster's best midtower offering. The only downside, is theres only one exhaust fan in the back which I wish they had two, OR, placed the fan up a bit to make room to squeeze in another fan below it..
Where its located makes impossible to add another fan below it.

fabian` said:
Hey this thread is called "worklog" right ?
I didn´t say I´m finished yet did I ? ;)

The optical drives will be stealthed or sprayed black like the floppy, don´t be afraid :p
(Well...I´m wondering how I will stealth the slot in dvd ?! :confused: .. any suggestions ?)

cut a slot lol then all you'll have showing is a slot instead of everything else.

Thx, Mr. Miyagi, great link :)

Well...over one month later some life signs from me :p
(only had few time due to work, and such things..you know what i mean)

Put edge protection (correct name for it ?) around the pci/agp cards. Had to shorten the cooling plates
before:
27-02-2005-02.JPG

after:
27-02-2005-03.JPG

##
The GeForceTi4200 with edge prot.:
27-02-2005-04.JPG

27-02-2005-05.JPG

##
The other cards:
27-02-2005-07.JPG

27-02-2005-09.JPG

##
Still messy:
27-02-2005-06.JPG

##
A second cooling unit is ordered (will be placed on SB just for the look)
27-02-2005-08.JPG

##

Some mirrorplates for the casefloor
27-02-2005-12.JPG

testwise:
27-02-2005-11.JPG

##
WindowKit(don´t tell me "uhh that´s ugly" pls. got enough of these comments. i like it, that´s why i chose it.):
27-02-2005-14.JPG

27-02-2005-15.JPG

Now working with 2 CRTs :)
27-02-2005-19.JPG

Suggestions, what to do with these ? Found them in the cellar:
27-02-2005-17.JPG

A short Clip showing the case (just wanted to test all the functions my digicam offers :))
Clip

with flash:
27-02-2005-30.JPG

without:
27-02-2005-31.JPG

27-02-2005-32.JPG

27-02-2005-33.JPG

27-02-2005-34.JPG

27-02-2005-35.JPG

27-02-2005-36.JPG

Hopefully there's still a fair bit of work left in this log...this is starting out decent enough, getting those drives done should be your primary concern right now. ;)

I'm not gonna spit out a "that's ugly" comment about the window....cus it would be decent enough, but that molding is killing the look of the side panel IMO.

Got some new stuff:
01-03-2005-1.JPG

1 x 80mm Alien Ultra Aluminium Frame - Quad-Blue
1 x AC Ryan FlexSleeve Kit - black
1 x IDE Silver Cable, gerundet - 48 cm
1 x Zalman ZM-NB32 J

Looks beautiful eh ? =)
01-03-2005-2.JPG

01-03-2005-3.JPG
01-03-2005-4.JPG

the molding on the cards is origonal, but i see why.. doesnt look too good. id lose it. nice work on the other stuff.

Hinokagutsuchi:
i bought it at www.caseking.de . i don´t think this will help u :\

the molding on the cards is origonal

you mean the chromium edge protection ? it´s not original ... or did u ever see a gfx card or nic with such edges ?
or maybe i misunderstood you..my english is not that good.. :)

fabian` said:
you mean the chromium edge protection ? it´s not original ... or did u ever see a gfx card or nic with such edges ?

Looking at it it looks like nothing more then some window molding that you see on cars.....it is something that I coudl see worked into a case mod theme fairly well...but I'm not a big fan of the look myself.

fabian` said:
Hinokagutsuchi:
i bought it at www.caseking.de . i don´t think this will help u :\

D'oh. Ah well. Thanks for the info anyway. It's looking promising.

Well, unfortunately nothing new to show you from my case...but maybe you´re interested in some nice CeBit 2005 pictures ?! :)

I was there last saturday, masses of ppl :( but overwhelming as last year :)

Here is the Link to my # Webpage # (you can´t really call it a page ... but well .. the links are on it and this must be enough for the first time ;))
Pics from 2004 are also on it. Feel free to d/l and post your opinion.

Hey, I really like the looks of that side panel. I have the same case and I'm hoping to find a windowed side panel that will match my current flat black brushed case color. Might you tell me where you got the side panel? I appreciate it!

looking good so far the drives need attention cant wait to see what u do with thte wires keep it up

hmmm that card edge protector looks exactly like stuff on my dads 50' roll of truck door edge moulding at his body shop :p
ive never used it to put on the edge of my cards i kinda like that but i use it all the time to trim out things like my blow hole and the fan intake i cut in the front cuz well it matches the rest of my case

Back