Black Box, X2 5000+ , Unlocked Multi

Well, I'm sure they are still producing 90nm parts to keep volume up-and since 90nm has been around longer it's already had all the tweaking it will receive. Why not hand pick some and try to make some extra money from those that like the whole marketing deal?

Strange how AMD's top performers are still 90nm....

Makes one wonder about a few things doesnt it ? ;) Given at the last two analyst conference calls they claimed the 65nm node made up most of thier shipping product.

I do wonder,where were these great unlocked chips when I and many others were rocking 939 mobo's? and looking for a inexpensive upgrade path,that would have likely,kept us locked into the green machine for at least another year.

I still think its nice that they are throwing a bone,to what is fast becoming a thinning crowd on this side of the fence.

Makes one wonder about a few things doesnt it ? ;) Given at the last two analyst conference calls they claimed the 65nm node made up most of thier shipping product.

I do wonder,where were these great unlocked chips when I and many others were rocking 939 mobo's? and looking for a inexpensive upgrade path,that would have likely,kept us locked into the green machine for at least another year.

I still think its nice that they are throwing a bone,to what is fast becoming a thinning crowd on this side of the fence.

Actually I buy nothing but AMD now. You know why? Chips like the 3600 Brisbane. $50-60 and you can have a 3GHz dual core chip. Not to mention unless you do a lot of encoding it won't be that large of a difference. The differences you'll see in most games is not all that much either. It's funny to watch a lot of enthusiasts buy high dollar items to see 10-20 FPS more when you're talking something like 60-100 FPS already. My Opteron 170 @ 2.4 with 2GB of RAM, single WD 250GB SE16, and 8600GTS OC plays just about anything I through at it-on high.

Well "most" people don't buy the high end product but they buy a system from Dell, HP and etc. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm sure they are still producing 90nm parts to keep volume up-and since 90nm has been around longer it's already had all the tweaking it will receive. Why not hand pick some and try to make some extra money from those that like the whole marketing deal?

90nm is being EOLed right now. One last batch of wafers and 90nm production will cease. It'll be 65nm only very soon.

Actually I buy nothing but AMD now. You know why? Chips like the 3600 Brisbane. $50-60 and you can have a 3GHz dual core chip. Not to mention unless you do a lot of encoding it won't be that large of a difference. The differences you'll see in most games is not all that much either. It's funny to watch a lot of enthusiasts but high dollar items to see 10-20 FPS more when you're talking something like 60-100 FPS already. My Opteron 170 @ 2.4 with 2GB of RAM, single WD 250GB SE16, and 8600GTS OC plays just about anything I through at it-on high.
+1. But the argument is, "you must go Core2". :p

90nm is being EOLed right now. One last batch of wafers and 90nm production will cease. It'll be 65nm only very soon.

:(

Hopefully whatever magic juice they've been putting into the F3 rev. 90nm CPUs will work it's way into the 65nm procs....those brisbanes have been pretty inconsistent on the overclocking front. Certainly in comparison to the F3s..

:(

Hopefully whatever magic juice they've been putting into the F3 rev. 90nm CPUs will work it's way into the 65nm procs....those brisbanes have been pretty inconsistent on the overclocking front. Certainly in comparison to the F3s..

I'm sure they will, those fab guys are miracle workers. Here we refer to the optimizations they pull as "black magic" :D

I'm sure they will, those fab guys are miracle workers. Here we refer to the optimizations they pull as "black magic" :D

If they pull off some reasonable overclocking measures with Phenom, I'll buy you your drink of choice. My personal upgrade path involves Phenom, so I'm hoping it'll be a hit!

Back