• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Black Berry Recovery

bigstusexy

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 28, 2002
Messages
3,194
Hello


Recently I've been offered to be contracted in on some work. Basically wee need to find data that may have been deleted on a Black Berry. Now I know about possible data recorvery on a PC, and flash cards. But Black Berries? Are they basically communication devices with a service or do they hold ther own information, is there underlying tools or commands I should look into?

I basically declined the offer saying that I don't know that much about it but they gave me the option to research and change my mind.

anyone know where I should start to look?

I don't even know if I'm in the right place, I figured what I'm after is storage related but I'm not sure.

stu-
 
I remember reading an article about a month ago where they talked about some software you can buy to recover data from cell phones/pda's but for the life of me I cant remember the name of the software.
The focus on the article was properly erasing your data before you sell your cell phone/pda on ebay etc.. as confidential information can be retrieved using xx software.

I believe I got the link from the [H]ard so if you search the front pages you might just find it.

Good luck

D.
 
i do know if someone enters their password incorrectly 13(?) times will result in erasing the entire device. hopefully this is not the case for you.
 
Thanks I'll look into these, I'm not sure about it yet because of what I've been reading suggests that you could sotre info on the device and on the server, seems like this is almost like pda remote use device
 
Back
Top