Suck_My_Deck
[H]F Junkie
- Joined
- Dec 14, 2002
- Messages
- 9,526
Well to be honest I am not sure if this is an issue with my printer or the PC here at work. Basically any time I print something either to a physical printer or to a PDF document it takes over 9000 years. When I open the print queue it will show my file size being transferred to the printer as about 100 times what the file size actually is.
For example I was trying to print a 3MB docx to the R&D printer across the way. In the print queue it showed the file size being transferred as 900MB and took about 10 minutes to transfer the document to the printer. Even when printing to PDF it would explode the file size (while printing) to over 700MB while the actual PDF size was only 1.08MB.
I'm really at a loss as to why it does this and how to make it stop. It's very obnoxious. Basically I can only print when I convert to PDF, wait and then print from the PDF.
For example I was trying to print a 3MB docx to the R&D printer across the way. In the print queue it showed the file size being transferred as 900MB and took about 10 minutes to transfer the document to the printer. Even when printing to PDF it would explode the file size (while printing) to over 700MB while the actual PDF size was only 1.08MB.
I'm really at a loss as to why it does this and how to make it stop. It's very obnoxious. Basically I can only print when I convert to PDF, wait and then print from the PDF.