• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bizzare Optical Drive Issue

MrSteel74

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
1,632
I have run into a bizzare issue on 2 different computers that invovle CD/DVD drives. My son's computer has a CD and DVD drive however he can't open either drive once his computer gets into Windows XP. The access light is on for both drives like a disc was inside but neither have a disc in it, Windows XP also doesn't recognize either drive in the device manager. He has tried switching to a different IDE connector, used a different cable and tried using only 1 drive at a time and still no luck. Now when he 1st turns on his computer and the system is going through the bios post screen he can freely open and close the drive, I had him try putting in his Windows XP CD and the computer read it fine. Just when he gets into WIndows the drives become useless. I know there is a registry file that you can play with but the entries you would delete don't exsist.

I was telling my girlfriend about this issue and she told me the same thing happened to her computer 6 months ago, I checked hers out and it has the EXACT same issue as my sons computer. Neither computer has a virus.... at least virus scans on both the computers say so, both computers have no other issues at all. My sons system is a custom built one and my girlfriends is a Dell, I've tried looking this up but have had no luck. Anyone here have a clue?
 
Back
Top