After the power went out several times my girlfriend's PC doesn't want to power on. When I press the power button nothing happens. The mobo is receiving power as the LED light is on. After pressing the power button a few times it will start.Once it is running it boots in Windows fine. If I reboot from Windows or press the reset button it will reboot without issues.
This PC has been running fine for a year. I am wondering if there is a short in the power switch. Any ideas?
specs: Antec 300 case, Asus A8V mobo, AMD Athlon X2 4800+ CPU, Gainward 7800 gtx video card, Antec Phantom 500w PSU.
Windows XP SP3
This PC has been running fine for a year. I am wondering if there is a short in the power switch. Any ideas?
specs: Antec 300 case, Asus A8V mobo, AMD Athlon X2 4800+ CPU, Gainward 7800 gtx video card, Antec Phantom 500w PSU.
Windows XP SP3