Bizarre issue with Gigabyte X58-UD4P board - Memory there, but not seen by Windows.

I got my board and I am running F2 bios with 6g DDR3 1333 3X2gig. I am not having any problems with the board, and all memory shows.. CPU-Z shows all 6gig in tri channel.
7-7-7-20 It seems rock solid...

Posts get purged?

Anyways--- Board is still @ Gigabyte at the moment, expecting to get it shipped out to me tomorrow or Friday hopefully. :)

Crap I have been MIA, I missed all lost posts. I am still running my board and haven't had any problems. I was just coming back to check up on how you guys where doing with your UD4P's.

Crap I have been MIA, I missed all lost posts. I am still running my board and haven't had any problems. I was just coming back to check up on how you guys where doing with your UD4P's.

Well, I don't have a UD4P myself, but I'm hanging in the UD4P thread since around 90% of anything that applies to the UD4P also applies to my UD3R :p

Got my board back.

Retested.... PSU is definitely dead. :(

Freaking luck I've been having. Now my BFG PSU is being RMA'ed for replacement. Hopefully when I get everything back up and running, I'll be able to test the memory junk out again.

Man that sucks , I am waiting to see how it goes. I am looking to OC my system a little, and was wanting some pointers(more of a step by step) on where to start. My goal is to reach 3.2-3.4ghz, I need my system to last for quite a while so not going to push it to far!

Good luck with the RMA, HELL!!

Power supply is due back tomorrow. Put my rig back together and it's in the case. Just going to connect the power and run it for a while before I do any cable management to make sure this PSU lasts longer than the last one.

AWEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSOMEEEEEEE!!!! :)

Got the PSU about 20 mins ago.... just have it up and running outside of my case.... powered it up... IT LIVESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! :D

I'm also happy to report that ALL 3GB of memory are showing up just fine!!! So the RMA of the board--- Gigabyte must have done something because everything is working fine now.

Going to leave it alone before I OC it and before I put the PSU back into the case at least for a week or so. It's like a late BDay present (since my Bday was back on the 21st) + I'm #7 in the queue for my 285. :D :D :D

Glad this is finally fixed!! :D

Glad to hear you got back up and running!! I will be around checking in often to see how your OC'ing goes, and I may have a few(lot) of questions for you!!

Good luck...

Munch

there been lots of issues with these Gigabyte P45 boards...Mine wouldn't power front USB and ne HDD Led

Before I had the XMS3 to wait the dominator and all works fine and now with the same XMS it's also good after the dominator ---> Dominator are not very compatible with the UD4P...

Not really. I'm sitting @ 3.8 right now and I think that's good enough for what I need. I had it up on 4.0GHz for a while but the heat became too much of an issue with the higher voltage.

How bout you?

I am at stock right now, not sure when I will attempt to OC. This PC is a family PC so I can't really tweek and mess stuff up. I hope to be getting myself a PC that I can OC and tweek all I want.

Back