Bizarre indexed page not on work domain

KuJaX

[H]F Junkie
This is totally strange. We have a work domain, lets call it example.com

When I go to google and type "site:example.com" the first result is an ad for google webmaster tools. The first organic shows:

"www.dyfo.example.com" with title of "ROAR.com" and description of: "Chat & Dating · Personal Ads · Singles · Chat · Dating · Travel · Air Travel · Discount Travel · Adventure Travel · Resorts · Wholesale & Auction · Business .."

Then after that comes all of our www.example.com indexed pages.

When I go to google webmster tools and put in to remove "www.dyfo.example.com" it can only remove pages from "www.example.com/<anything here>".

What is going on? I know my DNS is setup properly and there certainly isn't any "dyfo" sub domains.

Any ideas? (PM me if you need specifics).

Thanks.

I believe in your example, dyfo is the domain and example is the sub-domain. so someone has regestered dyfo.com and registered example as a sub domin.

But I might be incorrect.

Correct, that is how I interpret it as well but why would it show up on google using site:example.com if example.com was the subdomain name?

Correct, that is how I interpret it as well but why would it show up on google using site:example.com if example.com was the subdomain name?

because Google does that for domains seperated by periods, if you do a search by site:example.com !site:spam.example.com it should remove that.

They are too smart sometimes.

Back