Bittorrent Router?

HoppyChris

Limp Gawd
Has anyone used the ASUS WL-700gE and have any comments about it as a router, especially the bittorrent functionality? Are there any newer routers with hard drives and download capabilities? It's a very interesting function, but also one that could be almost useless if done wrong.

i still run my WRT54G with stock firmware and i have no problems, but i am also only at 3mb /512kb connection but usually have about 10 things seeding and download 1-5 other things.

All of the reviews seem to be from a few years ago and from googling I didn't see any alternatives that did bit torrent themselves. This particular one is interesting in that it has a hard drive and runs bittorrent itself, even when your computer is turned off. It's also a few years old now and Asus doesn't seem to have released an update.

I've been using that a lot lately, especially with my so-called techie friends. Makes for some good reactions. :D

OP - never used it. I guess it seems like a good idea. I would rather have a real firewall like my Untangle box and a real torrent server. But those consume quite a bit more power . .. .

Personally I am getting a Qnap NAS box that has bittorrent features as well as a ton of streaming music / iTunes services besides being a high performance NAS.

Back