BitTorrent Inc. Acquires µTorrent

mcatrage

Weaksauce
Forum Post

I'm with the people that posted in the thread, I'm really nervous they will ruin µTorrent.

I know piracy not a big thing on this forum but I'm guessing people even use torrents for legally here.

Ack! uTorrent was the only decent torrent program around.

Its down the drain. With BitTorrent signing all of these deals to distribute movies with the movie companies, uTorrent is doomed for sure. Its just going to be a matter of time before a ton of anti piracy shit is built in.

we could just keep running this version of uTorrent and not upgrade to the one's that have all that DRM crap in it

Hasn't Cohen publicly announced how he thinks that uTorrent's best and newest feature, Encryption, is a bad thing? Who wants to bet that it won't have this feature implemented next release...

carpenn said:
Hasn't Cohen publicly announced how he thinks that uTorrent's best and newest feature, Encryption, is a bad thing? Who wants to bet that it won't have this feature implemented next release...

Sweet. Now the ISPs can use L7 and limit our bittorrent packets :rolleyes: :(

ascorbic said:
With BitTorrent signing all of these deals to distribute movies with the movie companies, uTorrent is doomed for sure. Its just going to be a matter of time before a ton of anti piracy shit is built in.

If I'm paying for a movie, it better be dedicated bandwidth and not some slow torrent.

Way I see it is, another one bites the dust, but another will take its place sooner or later, no biggie, it wont be long before something will fill utorrents shoes if the newer utorrents turn to shit.

And now I return to azureus... ahhh well it was good while it lasted :)

Back