Bitfenix..

Wow, nice finding, didn't know these. The Shinobi ones really look great. Did you already buy one?

Wow, I'm tempted to give that LAN case a try.. built in handle, usb 3.0, tacky finish, seems pretty amazing, and pretty easy on the eyes too.

They do do some good stuff. Fans are whisper quiet and move a decent amount of air. Very cheap too = excellent case fans.

See mixed reviews online. This one was particularly poor:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2010/11/26/bitfenix-survivor-review/4

Other reviews are more positive...so who knows.

The only one that I would even consider would be the Shinobi based on styling...and I appreciate that they have a version without a window, but the BSG logo is a little too prominent for my tastes. That said, you have to get the windowed version to get side intake...and even then there is no filter. Also no USB 3.0 or eSATA up front...so I think I'll wait until they mature some.

I thought they'd been around a while now? I while ago i went on about this baby

CA-004-BX_400.jpg

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-004-BX&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=1850

Cases are similar to Corsair's. Nice aesthetics with poor cooling performance. Survivor is about as bad as the 600T due to large fans with insufficient RPMs.

Shinobi looks promising, especially given pricing, but let's wait and see how it does on cooling. It supposedly launched Monday but I can't find it on sale anywhere.

Cases are similar to Corsair's. Nice aesthetics with poor cooling performance. Survivor is about as bad as the 600T due to large fans with insufficient RPMs.

The 600t performs a helluva lot better than the 2 Bitfenix cases I've seen tested. And I'm pretty sure Redbeard said the 600t now uses a higher rpm fan used for the frontal intake which also has an improved blade design. Think he said that in the 650d thread because both cases will use the same fan.

As for the Survivor's poor cooling performance, the low rpm 200mm fans are only part of the story. Bitfenix gives the buyer the option of purchasing the case w/o the rear 120mm fan which accounts for a lot of the problems seen in Bit-tech's review. In addition to some of the other stumbles on the case, these early-production issues can be fixed w/o too much trouble so long as the manufacturer takes the time (and money) to correct things.

I like the looks of the Survivor. It's different and mildly reminiscent of Silverstone's tj07. There's a lot of other nice touches too including the plastic used on the exterior and the handle. Shinobi is okay, but the Colossus is like a hideous take on p0Pe's PC-Beto. Bitfenix may not have done it intentionally, but it kinda reminds me of how Thermaltake's Level 10 was a complete rip on Edelweiss. No matter where they got their inspiration from though, I'm just happy to see a new company in the case market attempting something other than the same tired junk cranked out by Antec and co. Hopefully they can continue to improve much like NZXT has done over the years.

I was referring to the survivor's cooling performance in reference to corsair. Their GPU performance is identical and their CPU performance is poor.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2010/11/26/bitfenix-survivor-review/3

Still, I'm interested in the Shinobi, especially at the advertised prices.

edit: just checked their forums: mid-April. Seems everything I'm interested in is pending release.

Last edited:
I'll take a Survivor, please :) Love that rounded design. Built in handle is pretty clever.

I really like the design and price of the shinobi. With all the added fan's you can really improve the airflow on this case. It looks like an improved antec 300.

I also like the understated and refined appearance of the Shonobi, but I read a couple of preview reviews and saw too many things that fall short:

• No USB 3.0 jacks on top - all four are USB 2.0...pretty odd for a case that's not even out yet
  • No eSata up top either
  • No rubber anti-vibration for HDs - metal on metal...and one reviewer stated that the tool-less clips look like they won't last
  • Hard drive cage is not reconfigurable. You are stuck with it as mounted.
  • Windowless version (my preference) has no side intake fan...NOR does it have tool-less drive installs
  • Not much space behind MB tray for cooler mount
  • Thermal performance in tests that make the 600T with stock cooling look good. Sure, you can add more fans...but I think these results indicate that they should include a second front intake fan as stock.

I understand that it is an inexpensive case, but I wish that they charged a little more and worked through some of these issues. Heck, they could charge 50% more and I would still have been happy. Thus, I'm out.

Back