BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX PC Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
In the market for a new mini-ITX case? NikKTech seems to like the BitFenix Prodigy they just reviewed.

Right from day one BitFenix has aimed to manufacture cost-effective products aimed towards casual users and gamers who can't afford to spend their entire salary to purchase a good PC Case and with a current price set at around USD80 inside the USA and 69.90Euros inside the EU (Caseking) the Prodigy Mini-ITX PC Case is a very good example of that.

It is definitely a good case. My roommate just bought one... to be warned it's a bigger case than you'd expect.

Yeah, I wish this case were smaller. There's a bit of wasted space inside and the top/bottom handles don't help out the height situation. If it were shorter, I'd consider it.

Nice. Looks like a mini Mac G case. Dimensions don't work for me. Wouldn't fit where I need it to fit.

Lots of users have removed either both the top and the bottom "handles" or just the bottom and mounted shorter feet. It doesn't look too bad with just the bottom removed.

It is a great case. I bought one so I could throw together a hackintosh with spare components. It feels very well made and is easy to work in. If I was still going to lan parties I'd build a second one as a gaming system. I bought it more for the look than the size. It feels small compared to my mid and full towers though.

I have this case, with a 3570K and 670 FTW in it, plus a kuhler 920 on the CPU. She's a 24/7 folder. :)

Back