Bitdefender

wtburnette

2[H]4U
So, I picked up Bitdefender 2014 recently because Newegg had it on sale for $30 with a $30 MIR. I'd heard it was rated very good, so I figured I'd try a paid version of AV instead of the Avast I'd been using. I'm a little disappointed to see that the scans take a really long time and I'm baffled at the program not being able to clean a file that was found because the user account doesn't have the necessary rights. I've not been able to find any information about setting it to permanently run with admin rights, so when I ran a full scan, it said it couldn't clean a file because I was logged in with an account that only had standard user rights. Using standard accounts is best practice. I have a post in on their support forum, so hopefully I'll know more soon.

BitDefender use to be good now its sucks monkey nuts. I am an Avira user myself.

Well, latest tests indicate it's still rated well (av-test.org). See here:

http://www.av-test.org/no_cache/en/tests/test-reports/?tx_avtestreports_pi1[report_no]=133194

My issue is with the fact that with a default installation, it doesn't remove or clean all items found under a standard user account, which is best practice for anyone to run under Windows 7. Now, after running another scan while running the program as an administrator, the logs don't show the file it had said was infected. I'm having to resort to using another tool.

Back