BitCoin

Chris583

Limp Gawd
Every time I start to read about bitcoin and implementing a mining scheme I get overwhelmed. I think distributed computing is great and profiting from it even better. I've done some brief folding in the past. Can anyone point me to some real solid guides for the whole process of mining BC/LC with similar hardware? Is it worth implementing on my setup?

You should post in the bitcoin discussion thread below this thread.

Checkout the Discussion thread Edgar referred to, found Here.

You will probably be able to find your answers in there :D

I thought I did reply to that thread but for some reason I see it created this new thread. :eek:
I saw the first post is from 2 years ago. So I was just wondering if someone with up to date knowledge could quickly refer me to what I need to know now in 2013 based on current developments surrounding bitcoin.

Why is there no way I can delete this thread?

Last edited:
Only mods can delete threads, just leave it be here, no need to delete the thread.

That discussion thread started 2 years ago, but is still active today, it is probably the best go-to location on [H] for any BTC questions.

I thought I did reply to that thread but for some reason I see it created this new thread. :eek:
I saw the first post is from 2 years ago. So I was just wondering if someone with up to date knowledge could quickly refer me to what I need to know now in 2013 based on current developments surrounding bitcoin.

Why is there no way I can delete this thread?

The skinny of it is if you are looking to make money you need to have pre-ordered asic mining units 6 months ago.

I am currently running about 2 ghash/sec across 4 cards. I am seeing about .2-.25 BTC of income per day from it. At the current valuation, that's about $7.50-$9.25 per day. The ASICs are too close on the horizon to count on getting ROI out of GPUs purchased new today, so smoke them if you got them. Otherwise, get in line for an ASIC and expect to spend a few years earning back the price of it unless the bitcoin economy goes poof...

Back