Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

Might be time to turn on the old miner on the 7970. How are numbers for using Llano chips like an A8 ?

I feel bad for the people that pre-ordered with BTC last year when the price was 20-30 dollars.

I realize value vs time is something that can change overnight in the bitcoin world -- it just has to suck knowing you could have waited and paid 1/3rd of what you laid out months aog (in BTC obviously)

The fact they have been promising to ship "in 2 weeks" for almost 6 months just screams SCAM to me.

being strung along like that with the same pathetic promises. Greed does messed up things to people's minds.

Even if they had fully working units, what's the incentive to sell them when you can make that same money in a week per unit? While not exactly ethical I can see the huge incentive to wring out as many coins as they could before shipping with their "magical" hardware, kick back and watch the price rise and then laugh all the way to the bank.

Just think of a farmer squeezing 50% of the juice out of every orange before he put's it on the truck to be delivered. That's how I view these guys.

Yeah it's pretty wild that they only just started the testing phase. I do think they will deliver a product eventually, the longer it takes the better for gpu miners I think.

Would it be worth it to mine on a 6850? Is there any good calcs out there?

Can someone help me recover some Bitcoin through a private message please? I have basically 1 Bitcoin that I would like to get from an address with Deepbit but have no clue how to send it from Deepbit to my private wallet address. I'm pretty sure that Deepbit automatically generated the address for me when I joined the pool. I'm a noob....

Last edited:
Is this typical Hashing behavior?

hashing.jpg

Im curious because Newegg's PSU calculator says, for my system, I should have aprox 1300w PSU but ive only got a 1000w hooked up and its been running this way for....years, without issue. Wondering if that inconsistency is a sign of PSU strain or GPU throttling.

im coming back into mining with dual 7950s.
I had 1 coin saved somewhere, super glad I didn't delete it.

anyone have one they want to sell?

So is there an advantage to having my own wallet.dat vs using something like Mtgox, besides security?

So who made money on LTC? Insane!

Rumor is that mtgox will start accepting LTC. So value is only going to go up I believe. $4 per as we speak.

Litecoin way more $$$ mining then btc right now

Yes...im able to mine 10 LTC a day and at $4.73 a coin its a lot more profitable.

My problem is though, how the hell do I get it from LTC to USD into my bank account?? I am mining for coinotron. Who's the best place to send my coins to have them exchanged into USD? Right now, it seems like I have to mine for coinotron, send the coins to BTC-E, sell them to get USD, then send the USD withdraw to BitInstant to Paypal THEN I can withdraw actual money into my account.

I have GOT to be doing something wrong here, anybody have a more efficient method that involves fewer middlemen?

Kicking myself for not getting into Bitcoins when they first started. Just setup EasyLTC to mine for coinotron on my 7950.

Can someone help me recover some Bitcoin through a private message please? I have basically 1 Bitcoin that I would like to get from an address with Deepbit but have no clue how to send it from Deepbit to my private wallet address. I'm pretty sure that Deepbit automatically generated the address for me when I joined the pool. I'm a noob....

In case you didn't solve this....

In Deepbit you should put your public key. (the one Bitcoin generates).
You need to have the bitcoin client open to receive the coin.
And then on Deepbit's site, you should have a "Payout" button or something like that.... when you press it, it will transfer the coin (or whatever amount you set) to your client.

Can take some hours to reach you, IIRC.

I stopped bitcoin mining and started up litecoin. it's much more satisfying to see your payout go up at faster than a snails pace.

I have a spare 4850. Can I add this to my current computer and mine with it also? If so, how?

hmm someone has 2 6950's with waterblocks for sale. same brand waterblock as i have on my 7970. I wonder if the barbs would line up and if 5x120 worth of radiator would be enough cooling..

at 1500 khash/sec I could probably mine close to 12-15 litecoins per day assuming i could get it setup to all work together.

Yes...im able to mine 10 LTC a day and at $4.73 a coin its a lot more profitable.

My problem is though, how the hell do I get it from LTC to USD into my bank account?? I am mining for coinotron. Who's the best place to send my coins to have them exchanged into USD? Right now, it seems like I have to mine for coinotron, send the coins to BTC-E, sell them to get USD, then send the USD withdraw to BitInstant to Paypal THEN I can withdraw actual money into my account.

I have GOT to be doing something wrong here, anybody have a more efficient method that involves fewer middlemen?

Piece o cake here's how

Sell litecoins for bitcoins on btc-e.com (not for cash, do a direct trade BTC/LTC)
Send bitcoins from BTC-e.com to Mtgox. (hour or so)
Send Coins from mtgox to dwolla (hours to a day usually)
Dwolla to bank account (3 business days)

Piece o cake here's how

Sell litecoins for bitcoins on btc-e.com (not for cash, do a direct trade BTC/LTC)
Send bitcoins from BTC-e.com to Mtgox. (hour or so)
Send Coins from mtgox to dwolla (hours to a day usually)
Dwolla to bank account (3 business days)

4 days to convert is not a piece of cake.

I could buy a good sized house in cash with the 1700 coins I've mined in the past 2 years...had I not sold the vast majority at an average price in the single digits. Silly me. Who would have known?

I have a 7950 mining litecoins right now. Can I add a 7970? Or should I just get another 7950?

Back