BiowarEA hates homosexual people now.

TheNuker

Limp Gawd
This shit keeps on getting better and better!

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/g3us2/bioware_gave_me_a_warning_for_using_the_words_as/

Yeah, you heard me. I don't want to argue the quality of DA2 or anything of the sort, I just thought it was absolutely outrageous to receive this email.

Hello,

Your Electronic Arts Online Pogo account has been issued a warning for violating the Terms of Service for Electronic Arts Online.

Violation:Inappropriate language.

[Like the other guy said, it's annoying when just about all the men randomly hit on you, that's not realistic at all.

This is coming from a homosexual.]

You can't say the word homosexual on their forums, despite the games having large amounts of such content as romance options.

I wonder what sort of terms are acceptable to them - "rump ranger"?

Oh no some underpaid community rep made a mistake. Gasp.

Help help I'm being repressed!

How about he fucking emails them and goes "I think this was in error." and they apologize and remove the infraction. Instead of crying a river of tears on the Internet.

How about he fucking emails them and goes "I think this was in error." and they apologize and remove the infraction. Instead of crying a river of tears on the Internet.

Hello,

Your Hardforum Online account has been issued a warning for violating the Terms of Service for Hardforum Online.

Violation:lack of outrage and overreaction.

Eh, if he's being paid to represent the company, he should watch it. It's like that for everyone else, imagine if a government official did that. News would have a field day.

Eh, if he's being paid to represent the company, he should watch it. It's like that for everyone else, imagine if a government official did that. News would have a field day.

Exactly. If your represent a huge company you should probably think thrice before doing anything.

No, not just twice.

Uh oh. I sure hope Sarah Palin doesn't get a hold of this information.

thought i was going to see a better thread. don't care, moving on.

part of the problem is..people can alert threads for any reason and the people who look at said alerts usually only look at what the alert's description was and NOT at the actual thread/post itself.

I've seen sooo many people get warnings/ temp bans for silly stuff that was never researched because some troll didn't like user X and would just alert up a storm and use a single word and take it out of context.

I no longer pay any attention to anything posted on reddit like this. Especially /r/gaming, one of the most horrible self-adulating and hiveminded shitfests on there. Overreactions by amateur internet sleuths posting sensationalist and alarmist headlines to garner attention for a non-issue or a mistake.

Also: http://www.bluesnews.com/s/119739/dragon-age-ii-controversy-of-the-day

The only favorable user reviews on Metacritic were written by BioWare employees.

Bioware/EA apparently need to hand out little packets and training on the proper etiquette for how employees handle themselves. Even people inside EA think people employees reviewing their own games is ridiculous. EA should have been smart and just immediately came out and condemned the person that did the review.

Instead they just keep saying more retarded shit:

http://kotaku.com/?_escaped_fragmen...etacritic-ea-bets-obama-voted-for-himself-too

To that point, Kotaku turned to EA, whose senior public relations manager offered us the following statement:

"Of course the people who make the game vote for their own game. That's how it works in the Oscars, that's how it works in the Grammy's and why I'm betting that Barack Obama voted for himself in the last election."

Really EA? REALLY?!?

Last edited:
Also: http://www.bluesnews.com/s/119739/dragon-age-ii-controversy-of-the-day

The only favorable user reviews on Metacritic were written by BioWare employees.

While I agree there is an ethics issue with posting a review with no disclosure of conflict of interest, you're taking things out of context here and spreading false information. If you look on metacritic for yourself you'd realize there are a lot more than two positive reviews. Saying that "the only favorable user reviews...were written by BioWare employees," is completely false.

haha, here's a new 10/10 I hadn't seen yet.

"Bioware's identity crisis and tribute to the color brown gets a sequel with an even greater identity crisis. If Dragon Age: Origin's crisis came from its overly generic universe, it was at least an honest attempt to recreate the magic of Baldur's Gate, even if it had none of the charm of Forgotten Realms, needless micromanaging, and 1% of the monster variety (Darkspawn and dragons, yay. I thought dragons were supposed to be hard to kill and usually optional?). In Dragon Age: 2, the identity crisis extends to the gameplay, where it either feels like a dumbed down version of Dragon Age: Origins, or a really bad God of War, depending on your personal preferences. This is really too bad because the dialogue is solid; they replaced the mute character of Dragon Age: Origins with a Mass Effect-style dialogue system and the story is decent enough for an RPG, in my opinion. It just doesn't feel like enough to make up for the bastard-child gameplay,"

Here's an excerpt from a 10/10 that makes me want to puke.

"The people who are hating on the storytelling just don't get it. It's obviously too deep for them. And don't get me started on the characters accompanying Hawke. Merril is just soooo cute. I want to nom her head and giggle and squee every time I see her. "

Anyway, looks like not all the 10/10s are written by Bioware(surprise).

You obviously don't have a clue how the internet works.

I dont know why some people think a company or someone who works for a company owes you some kind of respect just because you gave them money. They either want your business or not and at this point they already have his money and more than likely he's going to get over it since it's not a big deal. If they dont want you to use that word on their forums then thats their perogative just like how game servers will kick\ban you for using "foul" language when your playing a game rated M eventhough the game itself has foul language in it.

It's as simple as they dont want you to say that word so either you dont say it or you can go elsewhere and stop bitching about how life isn't fair just because your a homo and want special treatment over what terms you find acceptable to use on THEIR media.

John Spartan, you have been fined one credit for violation of the verbal morality statute.

Back