• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

biostar6100-939 and qpack issues

fireburster

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 29, 2002
Messages
1,265
I got the black qpack without windows. The back plate doesnt line up on the biostar6100-939 and either does the original. It will go on but you cant use the 2 usb since they are half covered. Also the big plate for the heatsink is too big for the motherboard try it seems. Its bowed a little. Guess i have to run without a back io plate.

I ordered a 520w ttgi power supply for this setup also. I have to flip the psu upside down since they put the plug in at the bottom and the rubber plug needs to be at the top where its cut out. Is it ok upside down?

I didnt see anyone else commenting on this and i know lots of these two working together.
 
It's a common setup and I ahven't heard of this. I had a biostar in my x-qpack and fitted fine. Any chance of a piccie?
 
sure ill take some tonight. Your io plate fit? mine seems off enough to cover part of the usbs and ps2 ports.
 
i tore the qpack apart and took pics. with the backplate on i cant line up any of the holes to put screws in either.


DSC01067Large.jpg


DSC01068Large.jpg
 
that backplate looks like the one that came default w/ the q-pack.

You are not suppose to use that one. your biostar motherboard should include its own backplate; use that one.

EDIT: and that lil "bow" looks dangerous.... I don't know what'll happen under heat. I'd try to put spacer on the mounts before placing on my motherboard if I were you. Just so there's no tension to the motherboard.
 
If I remember right you will have to dismount your motherboard to pop out the Qpack plate because it comes out towards the inside. Hopefully I am wrong or it may be difficult for you. :(
 
Zap [PCGO] said:
that backplate looks like the one that came default w/ the q-pack.

You are not suppose to use that one. your biostar motherboard should include its own backplate; use that one.

EDIT: and that lil "bow" looks dangerous.... I don't know what'll happen under heat. I'd try to put spacer on the mounts before placing on my motherboard if I were you. Just so there's no tension to the motherboard.

Yeah, use your motherboards back plate and put the QPack's away.

And you definatly shouldn't have that bow in there. Definately add spacers or cut a notch in that motherboard tray. the m/b should line up with the tray then.
 
I bought the mobo used off the forums from thebluechannel. Both the plate he gave me and the qpack are the same.

Why is this board the only one bowing. No one else has complained about it and i know there are lots of this combo.
 
Well, that explains it. Maybe the guy that sold that to you have a q-pack as well and forgot to take the one that came w/ the motherboard out to give to you.

Maybe other people aren't using the same heatsink as you are. I'm using a zalman 7000B, and I think a lot of ppl went w/ this too. the heatsink backplate is farily thin.
 
fireburster said:
I bought the mobo used off the forums from thebluechannel. Both the plate he gave me and the qpack are the same.

Why is this board the only one bowing. No one else has complained about it and i know there are lots of this combo.

A quick Google search netted me this:

"Cons: No owners manual made it a hard to figure out how to assemble it. My motherboard (Biostar T-6100-939) didn't fit in w/o grinding down part of the chasis..."
 
well this is the stock heatsink on the mobo though.

I flatted that piece and it works fine. Guess ill have to live without the io plate.
 
fireburster said:
I bought the mobo used off the forums from thebluechannel. Both the plate he gave me and the qpack are the same.

Why is this board the only one bowing. No one else has complained about it and i know there are lots of this combo.

Hey Bro. I have the bo'ing issues to w/ my DFI, and alot of other users to do. Especially the ones w/ Zalmans and Waterblocks. I'll ship that Tforce I/O plate out to you tommorow, I must have grabbed the wrong one. Sorry about that.
 
not a problem. I just thought it was odd that i didnt see anyone else talk about this flexing with the qpack.
 
ahh... so i do have a slight bowing problem. looks like i'm gonna have to take it out and spacer up the part of the mobo toward the front of the case.

although, mine doesn't look to bow so much as yours though.
 
I think their might have been a silent revision to the motherboard tray, because mine looks different, and I didn't have the bowing problem when I installed with the stock backplate, I decided to install with the replacement metal one though that came with my golden orb anyways. I'll get a pick of my mobo tray before i go to bed.

edit* neverminde, I'm crazy, I was just not seeing things correctly, but yeahk, i've never had the bowing problem.
 
Replaced the A8N-VM CSM with a MSI 6150 based mATX mobo this week. The MSI also has the thicker plastic A64 bracket/backplane and also caused some mobo bowing when installed in the X-QPack. Thankfully, I had a replacement handy from http://www.ajigo-store.com/components.html. Was a bit easier than modifying the case. :)
 
Back
Top