biostar tforce 6100 939 mATX

mayonaise 812

Limp Gawd
hey, i just built my new sff. it posts fine and goes into DSL fine. so my problme here is the cpu heatsink/fan. Now when i plug it into the fan header thats specified for the heatsink/fan it wont spin up on system boot. In the bios it even shows as spinning 0 rpm. But when i plug it into another fan header port thing near the graphics i believe it is, it spins up fine. But it still shows as 0 rpm in the bios. Im just wondering, anyways to fix this or is rma/return my only hope?

im thinking that this will hinder my ability to run windows, since its showing as 0 rpm in the bios. any help is apreciated, thanks.

IM GANA POST THIS AGAIN IN THE MAIN MOBO FORUM

You tried running the board outside of the case in the off chance you have a short somewhere. Fan headers don't often go bad. Is there somewhere in the bios to check to be sure they are not disabled for some reason. There are a few boards around like that.

hm, ill look around, but i didnt see anything in the bios like that. i already let the cpu idle to around 45c and the fan hadnt kicked in yet, and i set the mobo to use the fans as "always on" oposed to smart fan. when i have it plugged into that one slot, when i first press the power button it budges just like a little bit then stops.

Usually when they stop like that its immediately after the bios has detected that the temps don't require the fans to be running and shuts them down. It sounds as though you may still be missing something in the bios but I'm not familiar with the board. Wisk I could be of more assistance but it still sounds as though it may be bios related.

k, ill keep looking then. i was idling pretty high without the fan going, and it still wasnt kicking in.

I have that same mobo, and I never had a problem with the fan not spinning up. Sounds like your board may be defective though.... :(

Back