Biostar TA780G M2+ slow booting (4 minutes)

p05ta1

Limp Gawd
Built this for my dad.
X3 720, 4gig ddr2, 550watt bfgtech Ps, XfX 9800gt pci-e, Segate 500gig 7200.12 hard drive.
I installed all system drivers with Vista sp1. The OS gets the 4.9 rating in system test.
Every boot it takes close to 4 minutes.
About 2 minutes in bios no Os screen yet.Then hangs the another 2 minute in Ms green bar scanning.

Anyone else have a issue with this board?

Try CHKDSK to make sure its working properly and HDTune to see what results you're getting.
Bios Update and If your HDD has any updated firmware I'd give that a shot too.
Good Luck!

maybe you got a bad harddrive. I just got my 500gb 7200.12 the other day and I'm just under a minute for a Vista 64 boot. On an nForce4 too!

I would try a BIOS update first and go over all your BIOS settings too, may have missed something in there.

which bios are you running on that board... i own that same board..

I am expecting delivery of this board and thinking to buy an X3 710 or 720, are you getting good overclocks with it? any luck unlocking the 4th core guys?

im not sure about the 4th core unlock on the board since im running a modified beta bios to use my phenom II 940 so theres a lot of features missing from the bios.. but id venture to say that it doesnt support it since the new bios only allow the 95w phenom II's and a 4 core 720 would put it at 125w since it becomes a phenom II 945.. but even saying that.. this board easily supports a 125w processor.. but as for overclocking.. this board is about as good as it gets.. im running my phenom II 940 @ 3.5ghz 1.465v with some cheapo VGA ram heatsink on the mosfets.. this board also ran my amd x2 be-2350 @ 3.05ghz 1.38v without any issues..

780G will not unlock the 4th core since it does not have ACC ability via the BIOS.

For the OP, I'd reinstall chipset drivers.

I am expecting delivery of this board and thinking to buy an X3 710 or 720, are you getting good overclocks with it? any luck unlocking the 4th core guys?

If your chipset supports acc then maybe, but as far as I know only sb750 support acc right now.

If your chipset supports acc then maybe, but as far as I know only sb750 support acc right now.

i believe it does but not sure!

it has sb750 anyway.

Sorry, I just realise I was talking about the latest biostar TA790GX and the threath is about the 780G :rolleyes:

i believe it does but not sure!

it has sb750 anyway.

Sorry, I just realise I was talking about the latest biostar TA790GX and the threath is about the 780G :rolleyes:

yeah the 790GX supports 4th core unlock.. but you cant update the bios because biostar fixed it per AMD's request..

Back