biostar racing x370gt7 support windows 7

gregggo

n00b
Is this true? Windows 7 AND Windows 10 ? If I bought the board could I install windows 7 like any other OS install. I bought a gigabyte board that was supposed to support windows 7 but I can find no way to make it happen. I don't know anyone else with an AMD board and I think Ryzen is the main blocking force for getting the best OS ever, up and running. Has Biostar found a way around Ryzen?

Ryzen works fine on windows 7. It isn't even that hard to get it installed, there are multiple ways to deal with the USB problem.

I don't have USB problems. I used a PS2 mouse and got as far as selecting the partition to mount the OS on. I click on the partition and get a message that says roughly ' can't install here this partition is of the MBR type. So I choose another partition that is GPT and get the message " can't install on this partition because it is of the GPT type. I formatted all four disks to MBR and tried again and got the same message. They went into the Bios and changed everything I could find to 'legacy' or 'both' and tried again. Got the same "can't install here because this partition is of the MBR type. And I tried on all four drives. Same message.
So, this is with this Gigabyte board. Will I have the same problems with the Biostar board that I posted about?

I don't have USB problems. I used a PS2 mouse and got as far as selecting the partition to mount the OS on. I click on the partition and get a message that says roughly ' can't install here this partition is of the MBR type. So I choose another partition that is GPT and get the message " can't install on this partition because it is of the GPT type. I formatted all four disks to MBR and tried again and got the same message. They went into the Bios and changed everything I could find to 'legacy' or 'both' and tried again. Got the same "can't install here because this partition is of the MBR type. And I tried on all four drives. Same message.
So, this is with this Gigabyte board. Will I have the same problems with the Biostar board that I posted about?

Are you using a DVD drive and booting to the DVD in UEFI mode? If not, it isn't going to work. Even if you slipstream the USB and NVMe drivers onto a USB stick you will still have to boot it in UEFI mode. Also, make sure you only have one single HDD/SSD connected when you are doing the actual install.

I have it currently running on a Gigabyte gaming K7 with zero issues, install took about 15 minutes.

Are you using a DVD drive and booting to the DVD in UEFI mode? If not, it isn't going to work. Even if you slipstream the USB and NVMe drivers onto a USB stick you will still have to boot it in UEFI mode. Also, make sure you only have one single HDD/SSD connected when you are doing the actual install.

I have it currently running on a Gigabyte gaming K7 with zero issues, install took about 15 minutes.
Oh, you're right. I did change the Bios to everything EUFI and the install proceeded. Thank you for the knowledge. But I only had a windows 7 disk slipstreamed with SP1 which should have included USB 2 and 3 drivers ( I think). I did not consider the need for an NNMe driver and indeed. Windows 7 boots up now, but locks up in a way that will not see any keyboard or mouse that I use. PS2 or USB. Neither works. What is a good slipstreaming program to use for putting an NVMe driver and USB drivers into disk or thumb drive install?

Back