Biostar NF61-S voltage problem??

Mermalion

Limp Gawd
I have a Biostar NF61-S socket AM2 motherboard with 2gb of DDR667 and an AMD X2 4600+ Windsor core processor. I am trying to achieve maximum OC with only 1.225v (setting in Bios). When I set the voltage it seems to be fine in the bios. The bios reports the voltage at 1.21 but as soon as I get into windows and look at CPU-Z or PC wizard they both report almost 1.35v which is stock. Does anyone know if windows is changing this some how?

looks like the bios isnt changing it.. even though it says it is.. now when you look in CPU-z does it show core voltage or does it show core VID next to the voltage number?

It says Core Voltage and shows 1.344v. If I turn the voltage up in the bios then cpu-z will show the increase just not when I lower it.... Also when booting from a lower voltage it will fail to boot if I set it too low. I think the bios is changing it but seems like windows is taking over. The lowest I can go without windows blue screening during boot is 1.225v ( 1.21v shown in bios ). Anything less and I'll get a BSOD during the windows loading screen. As soon as is gets into windows though cpu-z and pcwizard show 1.344-1.35v

ok thats strange then.. my m2n-sli board is the opposite.. bios shows 1.45v but cpu-z shows 1.215v on my x2 6400+..

id just ignore what your seeing in cpu-z then.. it might just be reading the wrong voltage setting in the bios.. if you have a kill-a-watt meter.. you could use that to see if the voltage is actually changing by looking at your idle power usage and full load usage with it at stock and then see if it drops when you lower the voltage..

I'll have to get a kill-a-watt meter then :) I'm just trying to save power where I can. If I find out that it's not lowering it then it'll be fine I suppose.

Thank you for your help :)

I'll have to get a kill-a-watt meter then :) I'm just trying to save power where I can. If I find out that it's not lowering it then it'll be fine I suppose.

Thank you for your help :)

no problem.. yeah kill-a-watt meters are great.. but the number 1 thing that will save you the most power is making sure you have an 80 plus or higher certified psu..

Back