BIOSTAR G41-M7 motherboard question

pdp76

Weaksauce
According the the BIOSTAR website, this motherboard does not support the Intel Celeron E1400 processor. However, it does support the E1200 and E1600, which are identical to the E1400 but with a different multiplier so thought maybe it was just something weird about the E1400 multiplier that made it incompatible. However, the BIOSTAR website says the motherboard supports the Celeron 440 and the Core 2 E4400, which are both 10x multipliers, the same as the E1400. In fact, the E4400 seems like it's exactly the same as the E1400 (both 65nm Allendales) but with 4x the L2 cache.

So my question, is there a reason this motherboard wouldn't support an E1400? Is it just an incomplete list of supported CPUs on the BIOSTAR website? I want to know before I sell the motherboard to a guy who has a spare E1400.

You get this thing as part of the Fry's deal yesterday? I did.... Seeing as how they're basically the same processor, I would be shocked if the board did not support the E1400. My vote goes to incomplete compatibility list.

You get this thing as part of the Fry's deal yesterday? I did.... Seeing as how they're basically the same processor, I would be shocked if the board did not support the E1400. My vote goes to incomplete compatibility list.

Yep, I sure did and I got it just for the CPU so I'm trying to pawn off the mobo now :) Anyway, I also just got an e-mail back from Biostar support and they said the same, it's just an incomplete list and the mobo will support the E1400. Thanks for the reply!

Back