Biostar 6100-939 issues

fireburster

[H]ard|Gawd
I have had the worst luck with 2x1gb sets with this mobo. I just got g.skill pc3200 2x1gb ram back from rma. Windows loads but reboots right after i put in my password. This happens at any setting in bios. Memtest works fine at defaults but will not load windows.

I have two of these boards, one with a 144 and other with 165 and they both do the same thing.

Should i reload windows?

also both of my mobos have the same mac address which should not be possible but they do. Sucks because my smoothwall sees them as the same pc and i cant rdc to either.

I had a similar problem when I didn't have the RAM in the right slots. Also, you can change your mac address with some free programs on Google.

didnt try 2t with the gskill. I tried it in all the slots, single and dual.

i had g.skill ddr 500, 2 sets of that did the same also.

g.skill said my board doesnt support double sided ram and biostar support said they do.

Try running a divider just to rule out the memory, the biostar also does low vcore so might need a slight adjustment. Also make sure latest BIOS.

Does it load into safe mode? I would also try reinstalling windows fresh. Did you ghost the machines at all?

i tried 2 512s, 2 kingston and 2 wintec didnt work any setting. I tried uping the vcore more also. When i rmaed the ram it was running 290htt with 133 divider and that doesnt work at all either now. No divider seemed to work.

I put some 2x512 kingston pc3200 in and it has to run 100 divider or it would reboot after a couple hours.

I shut my pc off. rmaed the ram, went on vac for 10 days. Got home and new ram was there. Installed and rebooted. Didnt change a thing at first untill it just kept rebooting.

I have never had this much bad luck with a system build, and now i have two with the same issue.

uped vcore, newest bios didnt help.

im at work but i will try stuff tomorrow. I game the ram to another guy so he could try it in his 754 system tonight.

BIOS FLASH, if newest one deosnt work try another... sounds crazy but it might work.

Weird, if it worked b4 and now it doesn't...

ill flash the second one tonight will one back and see if that works when i get the ram back.

I don't think its the RAM at all becuase otherwise it wouldn't happen on all sticks.

It's probably the mobo, RMA those pieces of crap or call up Biostar and get them to help you. Test the RAM in other computers if you can to see if it may be the RAM overheating or something wierd like that. If the computer boots and randomly restarts (unexpectedly with no BSODs), it is almost always a hardware problem, so you shouldn't have to reinstall... Though at this point, it sounds like it couldn't hurt either.

i tried the g.skill in my asus k8v 754 and it would boot into windows but give all these errors. Ill see what the guy says who took the ram home tonight.

posting right now with one bios back and 2 512 kvr and 2 512 samsung. Running 280/133. It wont boot at my normal 290/133 though.

well i put it in my system and ram memtest and its just throwing errors like a monkey. Might have to rma more then just the ram now.

Back