BioShock Specs Part II

• Thread starter Deleted member 83233
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 83233

Just grabbed this from VE3D. These look a bit more final than the ones in the previous thread, and include minimum spec:

Operating Systems:

# Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista

Minimum System Requirements:

# CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor

# System RAM: 1GB

# Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

# Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

# Hard disc space: 8GB free space

Recommended System Requirements:

# CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor

# System RAM: 2GB

# Video card: DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better). DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

# Sound Card: Sound Blaster¿ X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

# Important Note: Game requires Internet connection for activation.

Link to the old thread for comparison purposes: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1202007

*waits for complaints about activation*

specs don't seem outlandish by any means.

I hope that there will be no major problems with the game and my awesome Auzentech sound
card. I am sure it will be fine.

Well if anyone wants to bitch about needing an internet connection to activate, they sure won't be doing it on here :D

I hope that there will be no major problems with the game and my awesome Auzentech sound
card. I am sure it will be fine.

well if you're awesome Auzentech sound card doesnt support EAX 5 and OpenAL, then you're prolly gonna hear flat, stereo sound in vista, or flat 5.1 sound in XP.

well if you're awesome Auzentech sound card doesnt support EAX 5 and OpenAL, then you're prolly gonna hear flat, stereo sound in vista, or flat 5.1 sound in XP.
*cough*
Auzentech Prelude.
*/cough*
Edit: nvrmind this comment. Allthough i'll leave it here just to say that the auzentech prelude does support these features. I'm sure you're aware of it.

wonder what type of resolution are we talking about at recommended.

I hope that they will release a demo... so that we can test our rig and see...

It will run the game. Badly at higher than 1280x1024 but it will run it fine at 1024x768 I am sure..

As mentioned, it won't run BioShock due to Shader Model 3 being a requirement.

All things considered, pretty reasonable requirements.

Wow, 512mb on the graphics card. Looks like I'll have to take the resolution down a notch or two!

oh lol I forgot about the shader model 3. wow people are going to have to upgrade their CS HL1 uber rigs now!

i hope nVidia releases a new grfx card soon. the 8x00 series is not all that...

ATi is not even in the game right now :(

Activation? If that is the case then they just lost a sale whether or not the game is any good. I refuse to buy anything like that on principal. Bad enough that we get crap copy protection that seems to prevent playing any games I own about 50% of the time I try and launch them.

And what is?

nothing really is as good as it could be. I'm not necessarily speaking from a performance angle either. I mean heat/power as well. Both the 8x00 series and the 2x00 series output a ridiculous amount of heat and consume a vast quantity of power. I'm waiting for something newer, which will hopefully be much cleaner running, but also hopefully a little faster. If nVidia's fall/winter refresh is performing roughly the same as the 8x00 series, but runs cooler and is more of a power sipper than a guzzler I'd be pretty happy. Honestly, with the way the 2x00 series is looking, I am not at all impressed with AMD/ATi right now.

nothing really is as good as it could be. I'm not necessarily speaking from a performance angle either. I mean heat/power as well. Both the 8x00 series and the 2x00 series output a ridiculous amount of heat and consume a vast quantity of power. I'm waiting for something newer, which will hopefully be much cleaner running, but also hopefully a little faster. If nVidia's fall/winter refresh is performing roughly the same as the 8x00 series, but runs cooler and is more of a power sipper than a guzzler I'd be pretty happy. Honestly, with the way the 2x00 series is looking, I am not at all impressed with AMD/ATi right now.

Ahhh I get ya now. :) I think I misunderstood what you meant so thanks for clearing it up for my cloudy head.

Back