Bioshock patch fixes 30 FPS physics engine cap

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Bioshock may not be new but there’s plenty of PC gamers that go back to it from time to time. One of the game’s problems is a lock of a 30FPS on the physics engine and now there’s a fix

A mod patch for the physics engine has been added to the Steam guides page by TurtleHx which shows how to apply a small 4 byte update to the game. Drop the file into the Bioshock game directory, run it, then set the FPS you want for the physics...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566588100

One of the game’s problems

Yeah, last time I attempted a reinstall approx 2 years ago via Steam, several issues popped up.

Can't remember what they where exactly but I seem to recall it mainly involving Windows 7....

The fact that companies doing PC ports think this is acceptable in any way boggles my mind.

how do I get YouTube videos to show as 60fps?...I on Windows 7 64-bit using IE11...a Google search shows that 60fps is only available with Chrome...is this true?...I remember looking at previous 60 fps videos using IE

The fact that companies doing PC ports think this is acceptable in any way boggles my mind.

That's what happens in a market dominated by weak console hardware and PC ports become a second thought for some developers to who just want to make a quick buck.

how do I get YouTube videos to show as 60fps?...I on Windows 7 64-bit using IE11...a Google search shows that 60fps is only available with Chrome...is this true?...I remember looking at previous 60 fps videos using IE

The REAL question:

Why the hell are you using IE!?

I wish there something similar for Skyrim. 60 fps lock is bad enough, but the physics ran at half that at most.

I wish there something similar for Skyrim. 60 fps lock is bad enough, but the physics ran at half that at most.

Locking physics to the frame rate is even more fucking retarded than just a simple FPS cap. I thought companies stopped doing that shit after learning their lesson in the early 1990's. How software developers seem to have forgotten the transition from 286 to 386 and 486 processors and what effect that had on their code.

Locking physics to the frame rate is even more fucking retarded than just a simple FPS cap. I thought companies stopped doing that shit after learning their lesson in the early 1990's. How software developers seem to have forgotten the transition from 286 to 386 and 486 processors and what effect that had on their code.

Some guy probably did it over the weekend back in the Gamebryo days with the expectation that 60 fps Vsync-ed would be the edge case and no idea that in 2015 somebody would still be milking his code for millions: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3s9jmw/fallout_4_simulation_speed_tied_to_framerate/

If Bethesda hasn't fixed it by now, a few bytes of opcode probably isn't going to do it, but one can dream.

Back