• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bioshock Infinity E3 demo

2012 GOTY contender all the way on all platforms. It can't come out fast enough for me.
 
Gameplay: meh, I've already played Bioshock.

Environment: awesome.

Overall, it feels too fake to me, like they tried too hard to make a promotional demo to sell me the game and I've become too jaded over the years to take as anything more than a farce. It worked on me with Bioshock 1, not this time.
 
Well with Ken Levine back at the helm I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed Bioshock 2 but I will admit it was a mess.
 
Bioshock 2 sucked

this however, looks to surpass both Bioshock 1 and 2 combined, quite a feat when you consider the first bioshock was easily an 11 out of 10.
 
I can't wait for this one either. Just loved the first one and I guess I'm in the minority but I really liked the 2nd one too. If this one is as ay least as good as the 2nd, I'll be happy.
 
I enjoyed Bio 2 a lot. It's a bit much to say it sucked IMO. Did it live up to Bio 1, no, but it was still fun to play.

FYI...In case you don't know, Bio2 was made by a different developer. 2K Boston did Bio1 and now Infinite. Bio 2 was done by 2K Marin. Marin are the ones doing XCOM too.

@krameriffic - The demo was in real time but these people play the same scene so much, plus they are trying to "show off" the game, it appears fake. They assure us it’s very real. Infinite will almost have an open world to it with different ways to tackle problems. Like the blimp he took out in the demo, you can make those turrets appear and destroy it from the outside.
 
I don't get the Bio2 hate. It was a competent sequel but it didn't break any new ground whatsoever.

This I think will. Having Ken Levine back means a lot.

I think this is going to take everything to the next level and be more along the lines of the sequel people had really hoped for after part 1.

Remember, this is only early console footage we're looking at and I, for one, really like what I see so far.
 
I have the exact opposite feeling. It looks like a typical bland shooter where you have Superman like magic power's. There's nothing unique, refreshing, or challenging looking about it. The only thing that seems somewhat interesting is the location on flying air ships.

Really? Have you EVER seen a level like that on a game anywhere? I think you need to just stop gaming for awhile lol.
 
I have the exact opposite feeling. It looks like a typical bland shooter where you have Superman like magic power's. There's nothing unique, refreshing, or challenging looking about it. The only thing that seems somewhat interesting is the location on flying air ships.

I like your opinions on games in general from your past posts.

But I would seriously reassess this post here.
 
Looks like they are aiming this at an American-only market with all the yankee doodle red-white-and-blue bullshit everywhere. Pass.
 
Looks like they are aiming this at an American-only market with all the yankee doodle red-white-and-blue bullshit everywhere. Pass.

That's a pretty flimsy reason to pass on the game :p

I could understand if the gameplay wasn't there

if the graphics sucked
or if the game had day 1 DLC that you have to buy seperate
or if the story sucked

but that??? lawlzers

For the record, all of the Bioshock games follow different themes from different time periods, Bioshock 1 and 2 seemed like a good mixture of American and British themes, and this one just seems to be focused on Columbia, in America.
 
Ridiculous amounts of bloom
Weapon limits
More scripted than Call of Duty

Since it's a 2K game there will most definitely be Day 1 DLC, probably already on the disc like Bioshock 2 and Mafia 2.
 
Bioshock 2 didn't have Ken Levine directing the game, and thus it was rather subpar, I'm confident that this game will deliver because Ken Levine is behind it.

I don't know why you're going apeshit on this game long before it's even ready to be released :eek: in fact, it won't be released untill 2012.
 
Ridiculous amounts of bloom
Weapon limits
More scripted than Call of Duty

Since it's a 2K game there will most definitely be Day 1 DLC, probably already on the disc like Bioshock 2 and Mafia 2.

You don't like it. Thanks for playing. Time for you to leave the thread now.
 
You don't like it. Thanks for playing. Time for you to leave the thread now.

It's fine if he doesn't like it, I don't care if he likes it or not, he has every right to express his opinion here as long as it follows the forum rules and guidelines.

I only disagree with his reasoning, as it seems really flimsy (nationalist pride keeps someone from enjoying a game when there's plenty of games that are set in America and other locations around the world? mind boggling!)

DLC, I can grant that as a valid reason for not wanting a game, but as long as the DLC isn't considered essential, I don't see why that would stop someone from enjoying the game.

Then again, his reasons are his own, I respect that even if I don't agree.
 
It's fine if he doesn't like it, I don't care if he likes it or not, he has every right to express his opinion here as long as it follows the forum rules and guidelines.

I only disagree with his reasoning, as it seems really flimsy (nationalist pride keeps someone from enjoying a game when there's plenty of games that are set in America and other locations around the world? mind boggling!)

DLC, I can grant that as a valid reason for not wanting a game, but as long as the DLC isn't considered essential, I don't see why that would stop someone from enjoying the game.

Then again, his reasons are his own, I respect that even if I don't agree.

It's not nationalist pride and "nationalist" is a dangerous word. I suspect similar sentiments are why a lot of people got so butthurt over Homefront because they just couldn't accept a scenario where America could be invaded.

I'm not anti-American but I do get very tired of American culture being shoved down my throat in every form of media. Games so far have been relatively good on this front since we get games from not only America but Japan and Europe. The gaming community is more like a global village than other forms of entertainment. Having a game with ridiculous amounts of American iconography and American-centric tone really nerfs its appeal to the outside audience IMO.

Despite all of that the gameplay still looks very rigid and scripted and so far doesn't look to warrant much more than a rental. I hope you guys looking forward to it don't get such an experience.
 
It's not nationalist pride and "nationalist" is a dangerous word. I suspect similar sentiments are why a lot of people got so butthurt over Homefront because they just couldn't accept a scenario where America could be invaded.

I'm not anti-American but I do get very tired of American culture being shoved down my throat in every form of media. Games so far have been relatively good on this front since we get games from not only America but Japan and Europe. The gaming community is more like a global village than other forms of entertainment. Having a game with ridiculous amounts of American iconography and American-centric tone really nerfs its appeal to the outside audience IMO.

Despite all of that the gameplay still looks very rigid and scripted and so far doesn't look to warrant much more than a rental. I hope you guys looking forward to it don't get such an experience.

What are you expecting honestly, an open world sandbox game? Bioshock is not Assassin's Creed or Grand Theft Auto, it's not Fallout 3 or Oblivion.

It is a franchise that focuses it's strength on telling a good story (which it failed to do with Bioshock 2, but the first Bioshock had a tremendously good story!) while pairing it with good gameplay with some tweaks and additions to it (Bioshock 2 had better gameplay than the first game, but that was about its' only redeeming feature). Kinda weird how each installment did one thing bad that the other one did good, and the reverse was also true.

Anyways, the first Bioshock focused on Orwellian themes, as you can see the book 1984's influence ALL over this game.

I'd post more about it, but I'm tired, and I'm going to sleep.

I've read 1984 and I loved that book, I think it's cool to see the results of it being applied to a video game, and we get Bioshock, a dystopian vision of what an underwater paradise would look like with a Big Brother (Andrew Ryan) ruling over it.

The pneumo tubes were also invented in 1984, and Bioshock has those in the game, that's pretty cool.

Anyways man, Bioshock may be a scripted game but it's a hell of a scripted game.

It's just like anything else in life, things have been done to death hundreds of times, but it's when the experience is pulled off as exceedingly well as the first Bioshock that lets you savor that experience rather than paying attention and nitpicking at flaws that aren't really there to begin with.

I think you're really just looking at it the wrong way.
 
What are you expecting honestly, an open world sandbox game? Bioshock is not Assassin's Creed or Grand Theft Auto, it's not Fallout 3 or Oblivion.

It is a franchise that focuses it's strength on telling a good story (which it failed to do with Bioshock 2, but the first Bioshock had a tremendously good story!) while pairing it with good gameplay with some tweaks and additions to it (Bioshock 2 had better gameplay than the first game, but that was about its' only redeeming feature). Kinda weird how each installment did one thing bad that the other one did good, and the reverse was also true.

Anyways, the first Bioshock focused on Orwellian themes, as you can see the book 1984's influence ALL over this game.

I'd post more about it, but I'm tired, and I'm going to sleep.

I've read 1984 and I loved that book, I think it's cool to see the results of it being applied to a video game, and we get Bioshock, a dystopian vision of what an underwater paradise would look like with a Big Brother (Andrew Ryan) ruling over it.

The pneumo tubes were also invented in 1984, and Bioshock has those in the game, that's pretty cool.

Anyways man, Bioshock may be a scripted game but it's a hell of a scripted game.

It's just like anything else in life, things have been done to death hundreds of times, but it's when the experience is pulled off as exceedingly well as the first Bioshock that lets you savor that experience rather than paying attention and nitpicking at flaws that aren't really there to begin with.

I think you're really just looking at it the wrong way.

Bioshock wasn't GTA or Oblivion but it also wasn't a glorified light-gun shooter like that trailer posted here suggests. It gave some freedom to explore and didn't force you down a garden path. It doesn't need to be so rigid in order to get its story or storytelling across or be at the other extreme where the entire world is open to give the player some freedom, which is proven by the original Bioshock.

Telling a story is fine and good but it shouldn't come at the expense of gameplay. If I want a really good story I'll read a book or watch a movie. Bioshock's story in its entirety was overrated - it was great until Ryan left the game and it all went downhill after that. The endings were especially unsatisfying.
 
Back
Top