• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bioshock FPS

gsdg_gdsg

n00b
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
21
I just finished playing the demo and I am very impressed with the game. However, I am a bit angry at the FPS i have been getting while playing it.

I have it on 1240 by 1024 (or close to that) and full graphics and am getting 20-60 fps.. with an average of 30 during combat and 50 during non combat. It is def playable and still looks great but after spending over 1700 dollars to get a computer with
-q6600
-2 gigs ram
-8800gtx
I wish it would run better.....

Anyone have the same problem with similar specs (or give me ur avg fps with ur specs..)
 
considering the guys running 7800gt's are getting those stats and better, I'm kind of surprised.

I assume you've combed through all your game settings and video card settings? You're running this in DX10?
 
great demo!

getting solid fps. didnt measure anything. just by what i see and how gameplay felt. no slowdowns, sluggish game play. none of that sort. it plays great

running @ 1280x1024 all settings on high and that good stuff. using the latest modified drivers from ngohq.com not nvidias latest betas....i wouldnt trust em ;)

rig is in sig. and im totally sold on this game. im definatly goin to be playing it
 
I am pretty sure I am running it in dx10... but if anyone can show me how to make sure then please do. I am running out to get the full game now.. mabye the fps on it will be better then the demo's (idk why but i have heard stories). Overall though this is really pissing me off....

Is there anything else i can check.. I have dl'ed all the new vid card drivers.
 
I just finished playing the demo and I am very impressed with the game. However, I am a bit angry at the FPS i have been getting while playing it.

I have it on 1240 by 1024 (or close to that) and full graphics and am getting 20-60 fps.. with an average of 30 during combat and 50 during non combat. It is def playable and still looks great but after spending over 1700 dollars to get a computer with
-q6600
-2 gigs ram
-8800gtx
I wish it would run better.....

Anyone have the same problem with similar specs (or give me ur avg fps with ur specs..)

are you running in under dx9 or dx10.

i am running it at 1240 x 1024 with e6400 stock, 3gigs ram, 8800gtx stock. i am getting 60-70 average. i didn't install the lastest beta and i'm running it on window xp. in game setting is max and global light is force on.

it could be a driver issue.
 
I manage around 50-60fps avg at 1680x1050 at high settings in dx10 with my sig rig. This is in the retail version though, and others have told me they get better fps from the retail version then they do the demo. Theres no reason why you shouldn't be able to crank the game up.
 
thats a low res for any game on a 8800GTX, spread its legs and try 1600x1200 or more, should help out a bit.
 
You do have vsync turned off right? Bioshock seems to turn it on by default, which assuming you have a flat panel display, will cap your FPS at 60.

Mark.
 
You do have vsync turned off right? Bioshock seems to turn it on by default, which assuming you have a flat panel display, will cap your FPS at 60.

Mark.

exactly what I was thinking. I have a slower computer and i can run it at 1600x1200 at your speeds. I drop mine down a peg though for more consistant higher speeds ;)
 
Alrighty, went out and got the game and installed it.

Turned vsinc off and fps are up to an avg of around 75-80 =D.. they do sometimes go down to 40-50 on parts where i can see its very demanding (lots of fire/water) but overall a huge improvement. Ty guys with all your help.

(My monitor only allows it to be played at 1240 by 1024.. nothing higher, I might get a new monitor that will support higher res. soon)

PS.. Game is awesome so far... nice to see that the parts of the city have places to explore... and is not as linear as the demo seemed to show.

Slight Spoiler Below !!






I am up to the part where I had to kill the surgeon, so I am still in the beginning but it is looking to be in the running for my fav game of the year (we will have to see how good crysis, bia hh, cod 4, and moha turn out)
 
I just finished playing the demo and I am very impressed with the game. However, I am a bit angry at the FPS i have been getting while playing it.

I have it on 1240 by 1024 (or close to that) and full graphics and am getting 20-60 fps.. with an average of 30 during combat and 50 during non combat. It is def playable and still looks great but after spending over 1700 dollars to get a computer with
-q6600
-2 gigs ram
-8800gtx
I wish it would run better.....

Anyone have the same problem with similar specs (or give me ur avg fps with ur specs..)



well i have an 8800gtx and my fps are better then that. im running at 1600x1200 also max settings 4x aa. dx9. i get any where from 30-85 but i never go below 30. uually stays around 45-60 ish
 
are you running in under dx9 or dx10.

i am running it at 1240 x 1024 with e6400 stock, 3gigs ram, 8800gtx stock. i am getting 60-70 average. i didn't install the lastest beta and i'm running it on window xp. in game setting is max and global light is force on.

it could be a driver issue.


Forcing global lighting is for slower computers. It is a lower graphic setting, try setting the bar to LOW and it turns global lighting ON. Slide the bar to HIGH and it turns that option off.

Also turning off Vsync will give you 10-20 more FPS but this game has a lot of light and shadow and when this happens without vsync you get massive (and ugly) tearing. Try turning off Vsync and watch the part in the DEMO where the splicer cuts up the mini-sub. Tearing is nasty.
 
Alrighty, went out and got the game and installed it.

Turned vsinc off and fps are up to an avg of around 75-80 =D.. they do sometimes go down to 40-50 on parts where i can see its very demanding (lots of fire/water) but overall a huge improvement. Ty guys with all your help.

(My monitor only allows it to be played at 1240 by 1024.. nothing higher, I might get a new monitor that will support higher res. soon)

PS.. Game is awesome so far... nice to see that the parts of the city have places to explore... and is not as linear as the demo seemed to show.

Slight Spoiler Below !!






I am up to the part where I had to kill the surgeon, so I am still in the beginning but it is looking to be in the running for my fav game of the year (we will have to see how good crysis, bia hh, cod 4, and moha turn out)


You do have the 163.44 beta drivers from www.nzone.com right? Those will help too.
 
I rarely ever drop into the 30's according to FRAPS. I'm running it at 1920x1200 with everything on. I dip into the 40's sometimes but hover in the low 50's I would say. Either way, its really smooth and I rarely ever notice any slowdown.

System specs in my sig.
 
very playable...


... for the three minutes before it crashes back to desktop >_<

Plus I now have a securom infection on my computer that i'll have to wipe windows to get rid of.
 
i have an 8800gtx but no vista. Do u guys think i should upgrade to vista?? im scared to because of all the problems i hear about it, how u need allot of ram to run it well. also with bioshock is the dx10 version allot better looking then the dx9 version?? Cause the dx9 version can run AA, soo what u guys think looks better DX$9 w/ AA or DX10 w/o AA. I can install both xp and vista i juss need to partition my HD Will this cause ne problems?
 
hay i lost all sound after the guy in the plane goes down ...im in the water all sound is gone help me. vista
 
This is just like left-wingers bitching about the govt. Instead of spending your energy ranting about how bad it is, get off your lazy asses and do something about it.

I'm tired of programmers spending endless hours trying to make a great game, and then nit-pickers saying its a let-down. I'd like to see you do better.

I'm not saying I could do a better job, but I'm not bitching about the "jaggies", and *gasp* the inch of black thats on my screen when I play the demo. Quit whining and start gaming.
 
Guys,

On the demo, I have fraps open, in the first part of the game, where your in the water, flames etc, without moving an inch, I get 60 FPS, on 1024 x 768, without vsync on.

System: E6600 OC to 2.8Ghz, 2GB 8500 Corsair, 640 8800GTS. I thought it would be higher tbh (High settings btw)
 
Dude if you have V-Sync on you can't get higher than 60 if you are running an LCD.
 
This is just like left-wingers bitching about the govt. Instead of spending your energy ranting about how bad it is, get off your lazy asses and do something about it.

I'm tired of programmers spending endless hours trying to make a great game, and then nit-pickers saying its a let-down. I'd like to see you do better.

I'm not saying I could do a better job, but I'm not bitching about the "jaggies", and *gasp* the inch of black thats on my screen when I play the demo. Quit whining and start gaming.

Now you see, that theory would work well on something like a flash game or some free online html game. But for something that pay for and something that peoples jobs revolve around creating that product, you have the right to "rant" about the problems and the "jaggies" without being bitched at. You are paying for a "working product", and people should complain about the problems.
 
This is just like left-wingers bitching about the govt. Instead of spending your energy ranting about how bad it is, get off your lazy asses and do something about it.

I'm tired of programmers spending endless hours trying to make a great game, and then nit-pickers saying its a let-down. I'd like to see you do better.

I'm not saying I could do a better job, but I'm not bitching about the "jaggies", and *gasp* the inch of black thats on my screen when I play the demo. Quit whining and start gaming.

since far cry, this is the best fps for me. sick game - so immersive. on arcadia now and it is nutty.

except to me, the people bitching are more like those fuckin psycho right wing religious capitalist moral police hypocrites that seem to have been in charge of this country the last 6 years.

basically just full of shit and annoying like dogshit on your shoe, and at any given chance they will try to take your honest hard work & pursuit of happiness down with their self-righteousness
 
Now you see, that theory would work well on something like a flash game or some free online html game. But for something that pay for and something that peoples jobs revolve around creating that product, you have the right to "rant" about the problems and the "jaggies" without being bitched at. You are paying for a "working product", and people should complain about the problems.

I hate to break this to you. But they designed the game. They can design it however they want. If they don't want AA, and you do, too bad. There's nothing that says they "have-to" put it in there. So unless they patch it. Suck it up and find a work around.

I love how you try to say Bioshock is not a "working product" because of the lack of built in AA support. Pretty funny.
 
Back
Top