Bioshock 2

Kumo

Weaksauce
My wife won't let me get this until I finish the first one, and play the copy of Borderlands that I got for Christmas.

Anyone else have similarly demanding spouses/significant others?

My wife won't let me get this until I finish the first one, and play the copy of Borderlands that I got for Christmas.

You're a tool. lol

You're a tool. lol

Yeah he is a tool for being in a relationship....

Anyways yeah I kinda get the same thing. Not so much on sequals, but mostly just, "Why are you buying a new game when you haven't played X and Y game?"

I'm not tied down in a relationship, by choice. This is actually a very good example of one of the reason why I don't want a relationship.

Sounds more like a mother than a wife but that's just my $0.015.

Thank God, no. And I never will. Not a situation like that.

I'm not tied down in a relationship, by choice. This is actually a very good example of one of the reason why I don't want a relationship.

You miss the first couple thread responses?

Besides, you know, in the "getting to know" phase, you should be able to determine if your potential SO would have such a "ban"

Yeah he is a tool for being in a relationship....

He is for being a doormat, yes.

Anyways yeah I kinda get the same thing. Not so much on sequels, but mostly just, "Why are you buying a new game when you haven't played X and Y game?"

^^ That's reasonable. Now...does she "force" you or "make" you or "not let you" do it if you really want to and you're working and paying with your own money?

If the answer is yes, then you are also a tool. If not, then: :)

It's amazing the kind of personal information people post on public Internet forums. What do people think the kinds of responses are that they'll see to something like this?

I think it's all for a gag or joke or something. ;)

That sucks, but why not play the games you already have though and get Bioshock 2 later?

You gotta keep your pimp hand strong.
Na, just kidding. I buy what games I want and play them as much as I want. So long as I go to work, mow the lawn, take out the trash, pay enough attention to her, etc.
My pimp hand is limp ain't it?

Ima gonna hafta go see da IKE to gets meself straight and brings me pimp hand back ta powa.

Nope , I suggest picking the lock to the box that has your balls in it.

Play the first Bioshock before you play the Second.

remember fellas, there's only one bitch in a relationship, don't let it be you!

yes mine is the same. all making those statements either have never been married or probably never been laid lol everyone knows the women call the shots. at least anyone who's ever been in a relationship

why is it the weak and whipped always accuse the guys who are strong and stand for something of never getting laid or having never been in real relationships?

Sounds like you're trying hang on to the shreds of your manhood falling through your fingers

If you're a doormat, then you're a doormat

If you stand for nothing then you'll fall for just about anything. If she's gonna be a she-bitch why put up with that shit? drop her like a bad habit, there's no reason why your life should be miserable

....wow.

I am amazed at the responses received. Especially the ones intimating that I'm not a "man" for doing whatever I want.

The post was originally meant to be in a joking manner. I guess that the absence of the near obligatory "lol" meant that most of you didn't get it.

Now I see that this thread is an illustration of how many of you are not, have never been, and likely never will be in a serious, committed relationship. A marriage is about compromise, understanding, and equal decision-making responsibilities. It isn't all about who "wears the pants", or who is the "man". I'm a United States Marine. I've served my country, and consider myself a man in full. And the fact that I listen to my wife and respect her thoughts and ideas is yet another measure of how much of a "man" I am.

Nope. However, I agree with your wife, you should play the first one prior to playing the second one. Its a bit different with Bioshock 2 as it is not an immediate continuation but the notion of playing a sequel to a game prior to playing the first (unless they have a massive amount of time between releases) would bother me to no end. You should want to play Borderlands though and force your wife to play with you, co-op makes that game twice as fun IMO.

I solute you sir, thank you for protecting the people of this country.

..But you should be able to play what ever videogame you want to whenever you want. You provide for your family and put your life in harms way therefor you should be treated like a king. Not a doormat.

I think people are being pissy about this because they've overbought games with all the deals and likely have bought some games they'll never get a chance to play. They had every intention but with their backlog and new things coming along all the time, they have wasted money.

They're pissed at themselves if they're single. And if they are married, they'd also be in as much trouble if their wives followed their gaming better. Its a touchy subject.

My wife curbs my play time but she doesn't influence what I play or buy

Last edited:
....wow.

I am amazed at the responses received. Especially the ones intimating that I'm not a "man" for doing whatever I want.

The post was originally meant to be in a joking manner. I guess that the absence of the near obligatory "lol" meant that most of you didn't get it.

Now I see that this thread is an illustration of how many of you are not, have never been, and likely never will be in a serious, committed relationship. A marriage is about compromise, understanding, and equal decision-making responsibilities. It isn't all about who "wears the pants", or who is the "man". I'm a United States Marine. I've served my country, and consider myself a man in full. And the fact that I listen to my wife and respect her thoughts and ideas is yet another measure of how much of a "man" I am.

You guys got owned.

How does she know if you've beaten a game or not? My wife would have no idea of my progress in a game.

She knows because she likes to watch me play. And she's a gamer herself. She beat Fallout 3 before I did.

I have severe Attention Deficit Disorder as well. And she's not really saying, "You can't have this game because I'm in charge,". She's saying, "You need to finish some of the dozen or so games you currently are playing before adding another one to the list."

And really, I think I need to finish the first Bioshock before playing the second one. There is a story involved after all.

She knows because she likes to watch me play. And she's a gamer herself. She beat Fallout 3 before I did.

I have severe Attention Deficit Disorder as well. And she's not really saying, "You can't have this game because I'm in charge,". She's saying, "You need to finish some of the dozen or so games you currently are playing before adding another one to the list."

And really, I think I need to finish the first Bioshock before playing the second one. There is a story involved after all.

Sorry if this thread got way off base...somewhere in that mix you had to figure if you offered some unsolicited personal information about yourself, joke or not...this being the Internet and being a public forum odds stood you were going to field some responses that you weren't going to be thrilled with. ;)

I was in a bad mood yesterday so I probably shouldn't have responded the way I did but to be fair...you really didn't leave us with much to work with in that first post. ;)

In any event: Semper Fi and thank you for your service. And have fun. :)

my wife doesnt tell me what to do, nor do I tell her what to do.

if she does ever try denying me buying video games because of all my unbeaten games, then she will have to wear all the clothes she has bought and never worn...

sounds like you need a new wife.

....wow.

Now I see that this thread is an illustration of how many of you are not, have never been, and likely never will be in a serious, committed relationship. A marriage is about compromise, understanding, and equal decision-making responsibilities.

To be fair, "letting" someone buy something they like has little to do with compromise, understanding, or equality. Yes, you were joking, but who knew aside from you?

Yes, I should have been more informative in the first post as to the nature of the comment in the first thread. And yes, this is the Internet, where anonymity turns people who are otherwise good into absolute idiots.

When my wife first told me that I couldn't have Bioshock 2 until I finished the first one, I took it as, "Wow. My wife not only understands my gaming habits, but instead of saying no, she's pushing me to finish what I've started before starting a new one."

I am glad to have a wife who understands my gaming and computer interests, and who tries to help me be a better person. What's wrong with finishing something you've started? She's not restricting me so much as she's trying to help me. And that's one of the many reasons I'm glad to have her.

Doubtless some of you will continue to comment on my lack of masculinity, and insist that since I work and provide, I should get to by whatever games I want. That's okay. I'll try to be a little more forthcoming should I post like this again.

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly what you're saying, all I'm trying to say is the way it was worded...it's not as if there aren't people like that(both men and women), people who want to have control over their partner. My wife didn't want me to buy Samorost 2 until we had finished the first one, since it was free. I told her that by the time we finished the first one, Samorost 2 would only just have finished downloading. Ok, I exaggerated, but it was $5, and I love playing adventure games with my wife :D

Funny thing is that I normally put this rule on myself.. Must finish one before you buy another.. What’s the rush it will still be there a year from now and probably be even more polished with some DLC.. In the past two years I have not purchased any games that haven’t been released for at least a month, it really does work out better this way… Of course my wife would rather me watch football then play games haha…

You guys aren't smart. Get your wife a netflix subscription. :p

And make sure she has her own computer if you haven't done that already.

OP, sounds like your wife might be pretty cool as long as she isn't controlling.

the guys not in relationships that go on about us guys that are are too funny - you just have to find a girl that's into the stuff you're into

my girl loves my lifted cj / has been skydiving with me / rides my motorcycle with me / plays rock band with me etc

hell we're going skiing this weekend [sure to be funny cause shes no bodies athlete...]

no i cant get her to play mass effect.... and no she cant cook a great steak...

but... find something your girl is into and do it with/for her - she'll ease up on the gaming brakes, hopefully... that's what any understanding partner would do...

While I don't think you owe anybody an explanation that seems reasonable to me. My problem aside from rampant ADD associated with being an Engineer is money. I tend be the psychotic over shopper so my wife has to beat some sense into me on occasion. Yes my wife wears the pants, but she's also worth more money than me and manages to keep from over drawing her checking bi-weekly. SO PAAH!

Anyway my Ban on new games forced me to beat Alpha Prime, Defense Grid, and I'm 3 quarters through Dead Space a game I should have beaten months ago so in the long run my punishment has been rewarding as I've thoroughly enjoyed all 3 games.

My wife will watch me play but shes really only into Counter-strike and Team Fortress 2. She just sold out and got a IMAC 27" so shes not playing anything now. &&**(((%^ traitor.

Last edited:
the guys not in relationships that go on about us guys that are are too funny - you just have to find a girl that's into the stuff you're into

my girl loves my lifted cj / has been skydiving with me / rides my motorcycle with me / plays rock band with me etc

hell we're going skiing this weekend [sure to be funny cause shes no bodies athlete...]

no i cant get her to play mass effect.... and no she cant cook a great steak...

but... find something your girl is into and do it with/for her - she'll ease up on the gaming brakes, hopefully... that's what any understanding partner would do...

Nah some of us just aren't flexible, I'm not flexible when it comes to my life, if something interupts my "do whatever I want" lifestyle, even a small amount, then it's immediately discarded. To each his own :)

My wife isn't controlling at all, but she does worry about my ADD.

And yes, you just have to find the right girl/guy for you.

Got my copy preordered already. I really liked the 1st game and have high hopes for the 2nd.

She's right though. I think Bioshock is one of those games where you really should finish the first one before moving on to the second. It's a pretty good story line. And it works best sequentially I think. :)

Back