BioShock 2 worth $15?

djoye

2[H]4U
Steam sale for a lotta games is on and I liked BioShock 1 so is 2 worth it?

if you wait 3 years you can probably get it for $5. that will be a much better deal for you....

Eh, i didnt enjoy bioshock 1. Ive heard that its worth < $10. So, i wouldnt get it if i were you.

I loved it , if you loved Bioshock 1 you will love Bioshock 2. Its not as original but its still focused well and the story is pretty crazy. I really enjoyed it and for 15 bucks thats a total deal.

From what I played of it I'd wait for a better Steam deal...maybe $5 or $10. That won't be for a while but there are so many great games out there now, and so many better games on sale this week on Steam that I wouldn't think BioShock 2 for $15 should be a high priority on many lists for people.

If you really liked BioShock though, you probably will like this one...it's basically more of the same except not as horror-driven and more action-driven.

eh, the game is solid. well worth the $15. just wish I had used the bees in the first one....

boring, bland gameplay.

you go from a weak piece of shit at the start to a borderline unstopable demigod pretty quickly. you never really feel like a big daddy during the game. disappointing.

but if you like bioshock 1 then yes, you'll like this. i almost couldn't finish the first game because it just got monotonous past the story that was barely told. the scenery was pretty but it never really felt alive.

I didn't like it either, never finished it.

Repetitive gameplay, Rapture felt lifeless, better games to play...

Wow.

This is why I would never get into the gaming market. For that matter it is why working with the public sucks.

Both Bioshock games were excellent. Yes, 2 is easily worth $15. I paid full price for it and loved every minute of it. I saved every little sister the first time through and, if I can bring myself to do it, will kill every little sister during the second run.

It is not possible for every game to be an award winning, mold breaking, OMG I gotta have it, oh damn I just shat my pants and shot my load, nothing compares, the heavens parted, 30 hour long sexual experience!

DAMN!

Can't a game just be a good game? Give me a game that tells a decent story, looks good and is relatively bug free and I'm good.

Yea but I do expect my (recent) games to have proper widescreen support and proper keyboard/mouse controls.

if you wait 3 years you can probably get it for $5. that will be a much better deal for you....

No kidding! Or the OP can wait another year after that and pull in a Bioshock bundle with both games for $3.75 :eek: :rolleyes:

Seriously here... This is a recent (borderline) AAA for only $15! If anyone liked the first Bioshock the second one is great too.

Yea but I do expect my (recent) games to have proper widescreen support and proper keyboard/mouse controls.

Agreed, I would count those as bugs if it didn't.

Bioshock worked fine for me in both counts. I would have prefered Eyefinity support but that technology is so new and limited in its popularity that I can't expect it.

Are there any high res texture mods? Bioshock 2 textures are worse than the original, which wasn't that detailed to begin with.

The game is excellent. It is surely worth $15.

Batman AA and Mass Effect 2 are also phenomenal.

The new Transformers game is also phenomenal... and $40 on PC right at its release!

Complete rehash of the first one. Gameplay mechanics were slightly changed, but for the most part they reused assets, reused the engine, and the story is pretty boring. I would say it's worth maybe $10, but I wouldn't pay $15 for it.

Not as good as #1, IMO. The plot isn't as well thought out, the weapons claim to be different...but are really the same. Plasmids are 90% the same, too.
If you like that one you'll like #2, but it almost feels like the magic is gone. There are good levels here and there, but about 1/2 of them feel the same. I completed if a few months ago and I'd say there are only a handful of memorable moments I can recall offhand.
Still, it's worth $15 if you liked the first one.

I liked Bioshock 1 but didn't bite for 2 @ $15.
I could of, and probably enjoy it as much as 1 but it just looks exactly like the first game and nothing to get excited for.

Knowing steam, Im sure it'll be back for <$10 sometime this year so I can wait.

Back