bios update screwed up

Kingpin

Gawd
I was flashing my bios with Winflash, well I thought it went through it but froze everything up at the last sec. Now I cant get anything working not even a boot. I tried clearing the cmos but that doesnt work either. How do I fix this? All I get is a black screen. I have the Foxxconn 6150.

did you shut down the computer and try to boot it back up.if so you are done.you need a bios chip or you have to hot flash the one you have.any way you look at it youve got a big problem...or you can rma the board back to the vendor or the manufactuer.............

check out this place. http://badflash.com/

i bought from them before. $25 shipped. faster turnaround then rma. they actually went up a few $.

u could also hotswap but u need another chip.

I plan on rma the board back to newegg, when I get a new board will have to reinstall everything? Also will newegg be a prob to rma to?

its easier if you know anybody that has the same board and if they're cool enough to let you hotflash.

You can also see if the board will auto-recover for you. Plug a floppy drive into the board and turn it on...if while it sits there it accesses the floppy drive at all then you can probably still save it. I forget the exact procedure but essentially you put the bios file on a floppy disk under a certain name (usually like bios.bin or winflash.bin or recover.bin or something) and put it in the drive and boot it up, and the board will automatically scan the floppy and reprogram itself.

Eva_Unit_0 said:
You can also see if the board will auto-recover for you. Plug a floppy drive into the board and turn it on...if while it sits there it accesses the floppy drive at all then you can probably still save it. I forget the exact procedure but essentially you put the bios file on a floppy disk under a certain name (usually like bios.bin or winflash.bin or recover.bin or something) and put it in the drive and boot it up, and the board will automatically scan the floppy and reprogram itself.

Id like more info on that, prob is that I only have a usb floppy. Im not sure it will see that

I screwed up my old mobo this way...ended up getting a new one. Basically, if you can find the exact same BIOS, put your board in recovery mode and reflash...if that does not work, RMA time.

no it only works with normal floppy drives. Plus not all boards do it. But if you don't have a normal floppy it's a moot point.

Badflash.com = badprice.com!

What mobo do you have? Lots of Mfg's sell replacements for $15 or less. Also, if you go with badflash.com, it's only $18 if you send them a chip to reprogram.

Kingpin said:
would taking the battery out do anything?

Nope. Did the same thing back in december. I sent my chip in to get reflashed, thats probably your best bet.

Call foxconn

Motherboards
Tel 714.871.9968 ext 372
Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5:30pm, Pacific Time, excluding Foxconn holidays

I know Biostar sells bios IC's for $15... maybe if you ask foxconn nicely they will ship you a new IC or cross ship trade IC's..

MD

Back