Bios update problem

newster

Gawd
Hi, I know I am probably out of luck but I just flashed the bios on my Abit IP35 motherboard to the latest ones following the instructions carefully. Now my computer just stays on the ABIT boot up screen. Pressing delete or F1 does nothing. I have flashed the CMOS many times but is there anything else I can try before I RMA this sucker?

Many people try clearing the bios by (while disconnecting power to the computer from the plug please) removing the bios battery and moving the CMOS jumper to the clear position and then back. Install the battery back and see what happens. Can you get into bios? If you can't, either RMA the board, or if it is possible have ABIT send you a new bios chip.

WOW I didn't know I could just change the chip. Is it an easy process? Thank you so much for the information!

If the bios chip is the type that can be removed yes. Older or very cheap boards may have their bios chip just soldered on the board. The bios chip can be removed with a pin, bios chip removal tool, or a handy knife blade. The bios chip itself is the "inner" part of the assembly, kind of looks like a smaller sqare within a bigger square "ring". Please call ABIT for replacment bios chips before attempting to remove the bios chip.

Update: I resolved the issue by unplugging my USB floppy disk drive. Who would have thought?

Thanks for all the replies!

smacks head. Why didn't I think of that?!:p I will keep note of the fix. Thank you.

Back