Bios sizes

What? Alot of uefi "bios" have quite abit of non essential stuff and gui tacked on accounting for the total size. It would be hard to compare what size is needed to hold "4 generation" as I believe the actual microcode compatibility is a reasonably small portion of the bios size.

What? Alot of uefi "bios" have quite abit of non essential stuff and gui tacked on accounting for the total size. It would be hard to compare what size is needed to hold "4 generation" as I believe the actual microcode compatibility is a reasonably small portion of the bios size.
Okay. I just know there was a lot of boards that only had 16mbit bios sizes on x470 and b450 so there were issues fitting in all the am4 processors in that space. I’ve seen a few 256mbit bios sizes and just wanted to see if anybody thought that would be enough to cover the foreseeable am5 lineup should they go 4 generations like the did on am4

Same here and board prices are just dumb right now. My 5800X3D will hold me over for a year or more if need be.

Okay. I just know there was a lot of boards that only had 16mbit bios sizes on x470 and b450 so there were issues fitting in all the am4 processors in that space. I’ve seen a few 256mbit bios sizes and just wanted to see if anybody thought that would be enough to cover the foreseeable am5 lineup should they go 4 generations like the did on am4
256mbit is definitely enough! Microcode updates are small, its the gui background and junk like that hogging space.

Back