Bios settings conflict

Wurn

n00b
Hey anyone pls help, not shure if this should be in this forum but Bios is sorta a operating system.

Sometimes when i switch on my pc my motherboard displays that the overclocking option did not work and i should press the F1 key to go into bios settings and apply the default settings or F2 to apply default bios settings.

Thing is that i have done this many times and it is running under Default settings allready.

I know the mboard has a overclocking option software installed but doubt if this could be the reason why this keeps on happening.

Anyone have the same problem ??

Do you have the latest BIOS from your mobo manufacturer? If not flash to the latest version.

LOL, the BIOS is firmware, not software, and it's certianly not and OS but that's OK. The thread can get moved if it needs to, I'm sure we can help you out either way...

When posting requests for help more information is better than less.

What motherboard do you have?
What proc?
What are your current O/C settings? None?

It sounds like perhaps the BIOS is flaky and need re-flashing. Even if you already have the most current version, replace it. Could also be the CMOS battery, but I'm guessing it's a newer board and that isn't the case, though it's possible even for a new board. Good luck.

Back