Bios Setting Question on ASUS board

Light1984

Gawd
I just put together a new system and I have an Asus M3N72-D with two options in the bios that I am unsure about. Can anyone shed some light on these?

-- Memory Hole Remapping - Enabled --
I am having problems getting my ram to run at the rated 1066mhz as you can read about in this thread. I am thinking this setting might have something to do with it.

-- AMD CPU C1E Support - Disabled --
Not sure what this is, but it is disabled. I found this article, but it really doesn't mean that much to me. Can anyone explain it in English?

FYI - from a web search. From pre-agp vid cards if I remember right. I doubt anything even close to "curent" technology requires this.

Memory Hole

Some (unusual) expansion cards require access to particular memory addresses in order to function properly. This parameter lets you set aside the appropriate area of memory for these cards. The typical memory areas that can be set aside are "512-640KB" (the upper 128K of conventional memory) and "15-16MB".

This setting should be disabled unless you have a card that you know requires this setting. The default is normally "Disabled".

Back