Bios Rom Checksum Error =(

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
exact wordage-

Award Bootblock BIOS v1.0

Bios ROM Checksum Error

Detecting floppy drive A: media...
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Ok, now, I inserted a floppy with my bios and the flash utility so I can try to reflash, but it says source file is missing (bios on my mobo???) WTF am I supose to do. My bios is hosed. =(.

I dont know what to do... =(. Any ideas? Please help!

Is your system overclocked?

i get the same exact error when i overclock too high. With a 300 mhz bus that message comes up on my ic7-r. 295 is fine though.

Well... how would I change this without being able get into my bios? Or can i get in my bios and Im missing something!? Please someone throw me a line and tell me how to do it! I must fix this before lanwar... =(.

Put the pin in the Bios Safe mode/default settings place, reboot the computer. Then turn it off again and put the pin back to where it was before. It should run fine.

Happened to me today.

This was a common thing with Abit and Asus boards back in the day. All you need to do is insert a Win98se boot floppy in the drive with the awdflash executable for your motherboard and the current bios file. Make sure you get rid of the config.sys file on the boot floppy. You need to create a new autoexec.bat file that has a line like this.

awdflash "biosfile.bin" /cc /cp /cd /Tiny /LD /R

Since I do not know what kinda motherboard you have its hard to help you with the correct bios file name and awdflash version.

Actually, none of that worked at all. The only way I could fix it was if I put my bios chip into a friends mobo (same mobo) after booting theres up into dos. I had to take theres out, put mine in, flash it, turn off comp, replace theres, go home, put mine in... and it worked! Thanks for all of your help everyone, this was definitly something I dont want to happen again

Back