BIOS not saving OC

ElMuerte

n00b
I just tried my first OC with my new build. I tried to set my 8400 to 3.4ghz I set the FSB at 378 and nothing else. When I restart my comp the settings are not saved. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. Any reason the settings are not being saved? I am running the current BIOS according to the @BIOS updater. I remeber seeing something about this, but can't seem to find it. Thanks for any help!

This is a huge problem with these boards, are you sure the CPU is even running at the right speed in Windows?

Yep, that has been a problem with some of these Gigabyte boards. They still haven't released a new bios that fixes it.

If your machine is power cycling twice after exiting the BIOS then you have something set that the motherboard doesn't like. If not, then it's bugged somehow. Try pulling the battery and resetting the BIOS and starting over. That has worked for some people.

Post your full specs please. GA boards cycle if you do not give them enough volts or incorrect timings.

Yes, if you can take some digital pics of your BIOS screens and post them here. That'll give myself, as well as the other members, a good place to start debunking your issues.

It's probably a simple oversight as I've had the same thing happen to me on my DS3R.

Most likely issue is not enough Refresh to Act delay for 2x2GB of ram, not enough MCH for same said ram, or trying to use to low of a Static tRead Value

Thanks for the tips yall. I'll probably be bumping this thread next month if I can't get it fixed. I'm headed to the States tomorrow, and will be away from my main. Thanks for all the help!

Back